• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Amano shrimp and TDS

Fran

Hi all I am setting up a black water Amazon style tank but would like to keep Amanos. I am using RO water mied with my very hard tap water and aiming for TDS of around 80 to 100 with Ph of around 6.8 to 7. Will Amanos be okay in this water/ Thanks for replies.

Emil.

Hi Fran. I guess it depends on what is in the TDS. My water is very soft but it contains some calcium and I'm adding GH+ powder with each water change. My GH is somewhere between 3 and 5 and my amanos look happy. They have a reputation of being quite hardy.

Fran

Here is a water quality report for my area if anybody understands the metals content. Thanks for the replies so far. One website says 80 to 450 TDS is fine.

Attachments

• water-quality-summary-2019 (1).pdf
    104.9 KB · Views: 30

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
if anybody understands the metals content.
It doesn't give you any values for anything, it just says that none of the samples haven't exceed the EU statutory limits. Some of these are quite tight (mainly heavy metals and pesticides), but others are really broad (50 ppm NO3, 2500 microS conductivity etc.)

cheers Darrel