• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano shrimp taking a hike

lazybones51

Over the last month most of my Amano shirmp (about 5) have one by one left the tank and gone of a walk around our living room. It's normally the next day I'll find one dried up somewhere!

Nothing notable has changed, I don't think it's CO2 related as all of the fish seem active and don't gasp at the surface. The tank is heavily planted with plenty to graze on, I'm puzzled as to what could be causing it?

I had this with a superfish home 40. The plastic cover has a gap around the edge and an amano escaped.

Thankfully the Mrs spotted it scrambling across the landing carpet and chucked it back in the tank.

I think it was just opportunism. There are cherries in the tank that are fine. Could you block up any gaps or reduce the water height?

I had this with a superfish home 40. The plastic cover has a gap around the edge and an amano escaped.

Thankfully the Mrs spotted it scrambling across the landing carpet and chucked it back in the tank.

I think it was just opportunism. There are cherries in the tank that are fine. Could you block up any gaps or reduce the water height?
The tank is open top, so the only option would be to reduce the water height. It's got to be worth a try :thumbup:

Back