• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amanos don't come out anymore

Mihai Varban

Hello.

A few days ago, to fix some plant problems, I've started dosing EasyLife Kalium and Fosfo. I had almost zero phosphates and tons of nitrates. I also got a new batch of plants from an online supplier. The plants had mould on the rockwool, but I washed them well. I put a really large amount of phosphates in. The plants are already looking better and fish are fine.

My amanos however are all hiding behind a rock now and won't come out to feed anymore. I counted them and they all seem to be pretty much alive and some females now have eggs. All they do is clean themselves and fan their swimmer legs. They don't pick at biofilm or go wrassle the gouramis like they used to.

I had amanos since the cycle completed like 3 months ago. They were never this reclusive.

Could this be breeding behaviour or have I poisoned them with mould or phosphates? Any thoughts welcome.

I’ve had similar after a big re-scape recently. Females are all berried now. They seem to be coming out again now, chasing for food etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: Amanos still hiding. They used to forage and pick at things non stop. They used to shred blanched spinnach super quick. Now they just chill around the filter together or under certain plants. I haven't seen one die but since they don't come out for food, I could only count 8/12. Seem to coincide with phosphate and potassium dose.

Back