• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amazónia Dream

William Fetue

Seedling
Hello everyone

My name is William and I'm from Portugal.

I have been registered for some time in your forum but had not yet created any topic, encouraged by my friend LondonDragon I put here the step by step for my aquarium.
Is was setup at 3rd February 2009

Setup

Aquarium and furniture:
Aquarium Natural Aquário 180 x 62.5 x 62.5 cm, 703l
Cabinet Natural Aquário 180 x 90 x 62.5 cm, glossy black

Filtration:
2 x Eheim 2180 Thermo

Lighting:
2 x 150w HQI + 4 x 54w T5 + 3 x Moonlight

Technical equipment:
2kg co2 bottle with external Aquamedic 1000 on the output of the filter.
UV DeBary 15W
Gembird Silver Shield usb timer

Substrate:
Natural Aqua Soil Bottom
ADA Amazónia
Basalt gravel
White sand
Vulcanic gravel

Fauna:

Tetra cardinal x 100
SAES x 5
Macrobrachium Jelskii x 20

Flora:
Anubias Barteri Nana x 10
Anubias Barteri Var. Coffefolia x 10
Bolbitis heudelotii - 10
Juncus Repens - 10
Microsorium Pteropus Narrow x 15
Cryptocoryne Balansae x 10
Blixa Japónica x 20
Blixa Auberti x 1
Cyperus Helferi x 10

Hardscape:
160kg basalt stone
10kg de Red Moor Wood

Photos:

Aquarium and cabinet arrived in October 2008.

03122008185.jpg

03122008188.jpg

03122008187.jpg

The lumminaire

DSC03166.jpg

DSC03178.jpg

The stack of material

DSC03727.jpg

Testing the aquarium and the filtration

DSC_3697.jpg

The holes for the sump if I would want to use in a future

DSC03738.jpg

The two Eheim 2180 Thermo

DSC03974.jpg

The Aquamedic 1000 CO2 external reactor

DSC03951.jpg

This with the De Bary UV

DSC03978.jpg

The Lilly Pipes

DSC03729.jpg

_DSC3681.jpg

Now the layout step by step

157kg of basalt stone
DSC03832.jpg

The gravel

DSC03834.jpg

DSC03835.jpg

Placing the Red Moor Wood

DSC03836.jpg

Ada Amazónia

DSC03839.jpg

DSC03840.jpg

White sand

DSC03841.jpg

Some basalt gravel

DSC03842.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

DSC03845.jpg

DSC03846.jpg

DSC03847.jpg

Filling it with water
DSC03849.jpg

The plant box

DSC03848.jpg

DSC03857.jpg

DSC03852.jpg

DSC03853.jpg

DSC03856.jpg

DSC03854.jpg

DSC03850.jpg

DSC03855.jpg

DSC03858.jpg

DSC03859.jpg

Final result

DSC03864.jpg

All the layout is from my friend Filipe Oliveira (FAOO)

After 24h

DSC03864.jpg

After 3 days

DSC03880.jpg

DSC03882.jpg

DSC03886.jpg

DSC03892.jpg

After 2 weeks
_DSC3912.jpg

[youtube]3Y2ggYnBmao[/youtube]

After 1 month with 3 Altuns Orinoco
_DSC4029.jpg

_DSC4046.jpg

_DSC4043.jpg

_DSC4053.jpg

_DSC3986.jpg

_DSC4067.jpg

_DSC4103.jpg

_DSC3956.jpg

_DSC3970.jpg

_DSC3991.jpg

_DSC4092.jpg

_DSC4071.jpg

_DSC4107.jpg

3 months later
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

The altuns where swapped out and I change the white sand for Ada Amazónia

I also planted some Utricularia graminifolia

Chears

William

nice looking tank.

wise choice removing the sand, unless you have barriers to stop them mixing it's a nightmare to keep tidy

With a little bit of persuazion we got there in the end hehehe has I told your William the setup is amazing both in terms of equipment and also the final scape, I love this tank and thanks for posting it here too.

Looking forward to that carpet filling in and for you to get some nice looking fish for this layout. Great work and good luck :)

Abraco
Paulo

I can second that, I loved the look of the sand but it was hellish to keep clean and tidy.
Brilliant tank, I wish I had the funds to do one as big!

saintly said:
nice looking tank.

wise choice removing the sand, unless you have barriers to stop them mixing it's a nightmare to keep tidy
yeah tell me about it. :lol:

i love the journal, lots of pictures and a detailed setup. love it, aquarium looks stunning. Has ADA written all over it.

hi William,welcome to Ukaps I love the style of your layout it's well suited to such a large setup,I like the wood braking the surface very natural.
Thanks for shareing it with us
Regards john

I'm sure I don't need to say again, but I will anyway :loL: this is an amazing tank. Thanks for providing the detailed step-by step with images, it was a great read.

It`s a first class tank in every respect, William. Portugal seems to have quite a lot of aquascapers. Is it a popular hobby over there?

dave.

I have to join in with the chorus of applause and say its truely amazing! Well done. It really must've have been a nightmare to plant and tie on all those plants... lucky it was a labour of love I'm sure.

i really loved the sand, but I guess thats just personal preference. Really gave the front of the tank a dash of light. Loved the Atlums too, but they made the tank look small... quite an acheivement. Is that the reason you took them out?

Dave

Dave Spencer said:
It`s a first class tank in every respect, William. Portugal seems to have quite a lot of aquascapers. Is it a popular hobby over there?
dave.
Very popular indeed Dave and plenty of good scapes from that side, there is a portuguese forum that its up to its 6th Anniversary soon that has about 35,000 members and there are always about 1000 online at the same time. Mr Amano has been a guest at one of their parties and so has Mr Barr last year ;)
Their 6th anniversary might coincide with my visit to Portugal later this year so I might just visit it also.

LondonDragon said:
Their 6th anniversary might coincide with my visit to Portugal later this year so I might just visit it also.

Does your missus know about this amazing coincidence, Paulo?

Dave.

saintly said:
nice looking tank.

Yes that was one of the main reasons

LondonDragon said:
Looking forward to that carpet filling in and for you to get some nice looking fish for this layout. Great work and good

Hi Paulo!
I can hardly wait for the carpet close too, as the fish I am waiting for some discus ;)

stuworrall said:
I noticed that youve taken the lily pipes out on the last pictures, did you have problems with them?

I've taked the lily pipes out because I could not get a good water circulation in all the aquarium, the lily pipes can be beautiful but in practice they do not work ;)

samc said:
awsome tank mate bet it felt an age until you got it done
its looking really natural now i just bought one from natural aquario it should be here any day 8)

Looking forward to see your aquarium! Natural Aquário seels great material in a great price! ;)

Dave Spencer said:
dave.

Hi Dave,

Yes in Portugal we have some good aquascapers, one of them is FAAO, a major source of inspiration and also a good friend ;).
The aquariofilia.net is online for 6 years now; we have almost 35.000 users registered

dsandson said:
I have to join in with the chorus of applause and say its truely amazing! Well done. It really must've have been a nightmare to plant and tie on all those plants... lucky it was a labour of love I'm sure.
i really loved the sand, but I guess thats just personal preference. Really gave the front of the tank a dash of light. Loved the Atlums too, but they made the tank look small... quite an acheivement. Is that the reason you took them out?
Dave

Hi Dave, yes plant and tie the plants took a few hours,
I tooked the altuns out because could not buy some more, they’re sold out, so I preferred selling these 3.

Thank you all for the complements

Regards

William

Back