• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amazon sword a bit pale?

beeky

Hi,

This is a picture of my Amazon sword. I was wondering if it's a bit pale and needs some iron?

Any idea what species it is? I've seen so many names for 'common swords' that I'm a bit confused. Are Echinodorous Amazonicus, E. paniculata and E. Bleheri all the same plant?

1287976269_38ab0cce72.jpg

Oh, and excuse the manky Crypt leave. I've removed it now!!

Hi There, There's certainly nothing major to worry about but i can see that the veins are quite white. they should ideally be the same colour as the leaves. This is a nutrient deficiency of some kind but not necessarily just iron. you should buy some general liquid trace element fertaliser and add it on a twice weekly basis in small doses. (i assume your not using CO2 and high light, if so go for full EI fertalisation) Trace ferts generally include a whole host of micronutrients your plants will require for normal growth i personally use Seachem Flourish at present however leaf zone, Kent Botanic "grow" and Tropica Plant Nutrition (which i've just ordered) are all variants of the same thing.

all your plants will benefit so it's well worth getting hold of some. most LFS will stock one of these failing that you can get just about anything from http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk

Back