• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amazonia in a nano

nduli

This maybe a bit of a daft question so apologies in advance. Is it possible to add too much soil to a tank and it have a stronger than you'd like impact on the water Params?I have a 30*30 nano tank I added about 1-1.5" of Ada Amazonia to the tank and the ph is showing somewhere around 5-5.5. tank looks to be cycled ( I bucket method'd the soil for 3 weeks) and it's been in the tank for 3 weeks now Ph is only one off 'normal'
ive not done a nano for a very long time and never with Amazonia. I have some ember tetra and cardinal tetra waiting to go in from the old decommissioned tank And keen to get them in but a little concerned about the ph tbh.

Hi all,
and it's been in the tank for 3 weeks now
What does the tank look like? If it has plenty of plants? (including some floating ones?) and they look to be in good growth? I wouldn't be too worried about the fish, otherwise I would be very concerned, even with the low pH.

While any residual TAN would be ammonium (NH4+) you could still get high levels of nitrite (NO2-).

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back