• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ambient temperature

idris

With the current weather, my tank is sitting at around 30°c with the heater turned off.
It's not in direct sunlight.
Is this likely to be a problem for the short period the British Summer lasts?
(On the up side, my shrimp seem a lot more active.)

That's a bit warm I'd say. If you can get a fan directed across the water surface it will bring the temperature down. A normal desk fan is fine and will bring the temperature down a fair bit, or if you want something a little more elegant, I bought these (though they don't have the output of a desk fan and don't bring the temperature down as much):

Amazon product ASIN B07YJP3G2W

If you don't already, I would add oxygen. Then work on keeping the room cool as possible. Open your windows/doors once the outside temperature is lower than your inside temperature to cool the room/house. During the day close the windows once it's hotter outside than in and shut the curtains/blinds.

Just in case anyone has a similar question, I think I've come up with a cheap, simple genius solution:
Put a 2L bottle of water in the freezer. Once its frozen, move the bottle to the tank. (Adjust size of bottle for your tank size.) Repeat every day or two.

I'll try to remember to report back on how this affects the temperature in the tank over the next few days.

Back