• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

An eventual hello!

LukeW10

Hello!

So I have been a member since 2013 but got lost along the way and eventually found my love for aquascaping. So this is actually my first post. I've been a background quiet member for a while, recieving advice etc so I thought I best introduce myself and start to get a bit more involved.
I've had my aquarium going for around a year with it being a low maintenance setup. I then decided to upscale it a bit more.

Had a lovely visit to Horizon Aquatics up in Newton Aycliffe (fantastic shop and Fantastic owners!) Bought a few bits, got home and started over. So here are the results after an hour with the tank starting to settle down.

20200712_200319.jpg

The tank and external filter were already cycled. Im hoping to rehome my current Neons and mountain minnows as they have lost a few friends through previously jumping.
I am looking forward to reading about all your experiences, knowledge, tips and advice.
I will also keep you updated with the progress of the scape.

Thanks for reading.

looking good are you using co2?
I am indeed. Injected through the CO2 Art Inline diffuser. My only problem is its pumping alot of bubbles out and not diffusing the CO2 as much as I would have thought it would.
An update on the tank almost three weeks on.

Attachments

• 20200801_135514.jpg
    20200801_135514.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 136
My only problem is its pumping alot of bubbles out and not diffusing the CO2 as much as I would have thought it would.
How long have you had the diffuser? I’m using a co2 art inline and found the bubbles slightly big at first. It settled down after about a week. I also found that increasing the pressure helped produce a better mist.

How long have you had the diffuser? I’m using a co2 art inline and found the bubbles slightly big at first. It settled down after about a week. I also found that increasing the pressure helped produce a better mist.
Replaced the ceramic diffuser about 3 weeks ago so that is probably why then. Hopefully it settles down soonish. Cheers for the response!!

I thought I would post an update. Over two years on, a few lockdowns, and a new baby along the way, the tank is still going strong.
Looking at developing onto a more advanced aquarium and starting a new scape. Looking at the ADA's, D-D Aquascaper range, oasa scaperline range or something similar. Any recomendations or any members have something similar for sale? I can't currently see the 'for sale' section so I will take a ganders once I have the privileges to do so in the future.

Back