• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AN OLD CHESTNUT I'M SURE - FILTERS!

ukteacherman

Seedling
I'm sure it's been asked many times before. Been a fishkeeper for years since my teens, and had a shop about 15 years ago. Now settled back in England and setting up a new tank for the first time in years.
I intend to plant it and have worked out lighting etc.
The question is - my tank is about 120L, should I be looking for a 1,000L external filter, given what I have read on here about percentage efficiency of most of them?
Still deciding which filter - Eheim, Fluval, Tetratec or JBL - I KNOW! As many opinions on that last one as there are members.
Thanks in advance anyway

that sounds like a pretty good rating to go for if you ask me
if it was my money I'd get the tetratec EX1200, or if you're feeling flush the eheim 2026 or even 2028
JC

Eheim for me, i have a 2128 on my 160L and it's quality ;)

Thanks for all your advice - have been leaning towards JBL after reading what seems an encyclopedia of literature on external filters plus write-ups and reviews, ( unfortunately, it's the scientist in me coming out and the need to analyse all possibilities). JBL Germany were very helpful too. Just a case of upsizing my original thoughts on model, (why not upsizing? Everyone talks about down sizing! :lol: )

Tetratec gets the vote from me too. if they go wrong tetra will send you the parts for 3 with minimal fuss.

Andy

Back