• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andrew's Chocolate Gourami Biotope

Unit 1A, Puleston industrial Estate, Ruabon Road,
Here is a couple of photos of the aquascape Andrew planted on the UKAPS in store demonstration day at The Green Machine, Wrexham.

opti1_small.jpg

opti3_small.jpg

Hi James, thanks for the enquiry.

Tank size is 100x45x45cm

Cal Aqua 17mm inlet/outlet glass pipe ware.

Hydor 300 watt inline heater.

Substrate is Tropica Plant Nutrition with a cosmetic layer of natural gravvels.

Lighting is twin 24 watt Arcadia I bar unit.

Filter is an Eheim Professional 3E2078 filter set to alternate flow which is meant to replicate a natural stream.

CO2 is 3.1Kg bottle with Aquamedic pressure regulator and pH computer and solenoid.

The cabinet is black glass although this doesnt show up very well in the photo.

Stock: 40 Chocolate Gouramis (Sphaerichthys osphromenoides osphromenoides), 20 Siamese Flying Fox (Crossocheilus siamensis).

All of the above are availablew from us here at The Green Machine as well as the full range of ADA merchandise! (if its not on our website yet then we can take phone orders).

Hope this throws some light on things, we are very happy with how the scape is maturing.

Crypt crispatula balansae
Crypt parva
Crypt wendtii "green"
Crypt wendtii "tropica"
Taxiphyllum barbieri
Microsorum preropus

Oh and they are all "Tropica"

We will be posting some shots of graeme's nano soon so watch this space.

Hi Jimmy/Mark,superb biotope it looks really healthy and the fish and plants have grown very well,What plant nutrients are you using?,regards john.PS: hope to see you both soon to order my new opti-white setup :D .

Glad you like it , nutrition is Tropica TPN+ with which we are quite impressed

I would strongly consider entering this into this year's AGA contest.

They run a seperate biotope category and I suspect this would position very well.

Not only is there a cash prize, but more importantly, it would show the world what the UK is capable of.

George Farmer said:
Enter, anyway. The judges feedback are interesting and it's another +1 for the UK entrants.
Had a look on the AGA site and couldn't find anything on the 2008 event, do I need to register first? cheers

Back