• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update 20-09-11)

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (partial rescape 19-2-11)

flygja said:
Hi Andy, if I may, you seem to like splitting up your front lawn into halves, left and right. I remember the same thing on your kitchen tank too. I think it'd be better if it you split it front to back inside of left and right. Just my 2 cents (pre-inflation).
Hello! Thanks for your comments, i am hoping that once the grass grows a little it will hide most of the wood and i will just have a nice mossy twig sticking out. Not sure what you mean by front to back? Can you explain? o_O

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (partial rescape 19-2-11)

So its been a week since i made the changes and here is a quick update.

Seeing good growth on the grasses and the crypts, i have started to use the TPN and TPN + alternate days and seems to be working well combined with some K everyday.

New runners appearing on the hairgrass :geek:
web.jpg

One of my Rhinogobius:
web.jpg

The crypt have lots of new growth will be giving them a prune next weekend.
web.jpg

My favourite fish in the tank at the moment, male Apistogramma Agassizii 'fire red', i got a pair of from Aquajardin a while back. :D
web.jpg

I have also been playing with some video editing software on my mac and made this short video, its not the greatest as its the first time i have used this software (looks crap compared to some of the high end stuff on here!) Its s shot in HD/1080p so if your broadband can handle it give it a go. :thumbup:

Thanks for Looking
Andyh

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update with video)

Nice vid Andy, nice to see the scape from different points of view! The whole scape seems to be starting to fill out well already, liking the graded grasses on the right hand side.

Great picture of the Rhinogobious, is that another one hiding in the background.
Glad your replacement male Apisto has settled in and starting to appear.

Your grasses are really growing well, a nice contrasting variety.
Its nice to see the the plants responding well, and showing healthy growth. This was always a feature i liked with your original KITCHEN TANK.
Which hopefully is now happening with this set up.

B7fec said:
Nice vid Andy, nice to see the scape from different points of view! The whole scape seems to be starting to fill out well already, liking the graded grasses on the right hand side.
Cheers Dude! The grasses look better in the flesh :geek:
bogwood said:
Great picture of the Rhinogobious, is that another one hiding in the background.
Glad your replacement male Apisto has settled in and starting to appear.
Your grasses are really growing well, a nice contrasting variety.
Its nice to see the the plants responding well, and showing healthy growth. This was always a feature i liked with your original KITCHEN TANK.
Which hopefully is now happening with this set up.
Yes the Rhinos are v cool, but you know i cant resist a good goby!
Thanks it doest have some similarity to parts of the kitchen tank.
russchilds said:
Looks great! The plants look really healthy and you have some lovely fish in there! :)
Cheers Russ! :thumbup:

Well I can't wait until I have a job and buy a nice lounge tank ;) it's amazing.

Just two quick questions, those blue rams are stunning, are bolivian/german rams like that in the wild or is it selective breeding?

And I am setting up a new tank do you think I would be able to get one dwarf cichlid and a small shoal of tetras or to would it be too cramped for the cichlid? thanks and regards,
greg.

Nice tank and Vid. What camera are you using to shoot it?

gregalon said:
Well I can't wait until I have a job and buy a nice lounge tank ;) it's amazing.
Just two quick questions, those blue rams are stunning, are bolivian/german rams like that in the wild or is it selective breeding?
And I am setting up a new tank do you think I would be able to get one dwarf cichlid and a small shoal of tetras or to would it be too cramped for the cichlid? thanks and regards,
greg.

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your comments :thumbup:

I think that they are a different speices as they have very different markings, common name is Electric Blue rams. Expect to pay between £12-£20 for a good one.

Remind what size your new tank is?

ANdyh

Piece-of-fish said:
Nice tank and Vid. What camera are you using to shoot it?

Cheers dude! My camera is a Canon SX1 IS, its a bridge camera. Had it a couple of years now, very happy with it :geek:

looks great Andy!

I love the Apistogramma, it looks like he should belong in a marine tank. Great vid as well.

Hi sorry its a 30-30-30cm cube so roughly 30 litres and I was wondering if I could get one cichlid and a few dither fish. (or would you recommend 2 or none).
thanks

Simply put, no. Not really. Badis have all the charm of cichlids but tiny, aspistos, the common ones at least just wouldn't be happy in such a small confine or alone.
Stick with nano fish and or shrimp. Leave cichlids to bigger tanks where they'll be more happy.

Garuf said:
Simply put, no. Not really. Badis have all the charm of cichlids but tiny, aspistos, the common ones at least just wouldn't be happy in such a small confine or alone.
Stick with nano fish and or shrimp. Leave cichlids to bigger tanks where they'll be more happy.

I agreee with Garuf :thumbdown:

Hey Andy,

How's the graded grasses going and that mammoth Echinodorus? any new pics ? looking forward to the update.

Cheers Ben

B7fec said:
Hey Andy,
How's the graded grasses going and that mammoth Echinodorus? any new pics ? looking forward to the update.
Cheers Ben
chilled84 said:
B7fec said:
Hey Andy,
Cheers Ben
Yeah andy get them pics up.
Cheers
Chilled

Yeah sorry guys! Been mad busy the tank is looking good, i have chnaged it slightly. Will try and get some pics up on sunday night. :thumbup:

Re: Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (photo update)

Photo Update,

So this is roughly what you guys last saw:
web.jpg

It now looks like this:
web.jpg

web.jpg

Yes the big echinodorus is gone, and yes it was a real pain to get out! One of those things i started and wished i hadn't!

I have really been focusing on plant health, as i have a few problems with Algae which can be linked to my co2 and dosing both of which needed tweaking.

Everything apart from the Blyxa Japonica is growing well now. Which is weird as Blyxa in the past has grown like a weed for me. Its started to show signs of growth now. So its got a couple more weeks or its out!

It all requires a good prune, but i am giving it a few more weeks yet before i do it.

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

Andyh

andyh said:
Yes the big echinodorus is gone, and yes it was a real pain to get out! One of those things i started and wished i hadn't!

How come its gone? I actually think it looked nice.....

As for the scape it all looks like its filling in nicely, are you planning on filling the empty patch in the front right or leaving it?

B7fec said:
andyh said:

How come its gone? I actually think it looked nice.....

As for the scape it all looks like its filling in nicely, are you planning on filling the empty patch in the front right or leaving it?

Its gone, because it started to get very big indeed. The roots started to come up on the opposite side of the tank. It required more space as well and was confined by the back of the tank and the hardscape.

Yes i will be filling the gap at the front probably with hairgrass, just havent got round to it yet. Just trying to get everything growing well at the moment. Which seems to be going :geek: Will probably encourage some of the runners to fill that area.

Back