• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's 60L kitchen tank

web.jpg

I love this! Brilliant, Andy. The juxtaposition of the urban mixed with the little slice of nature is sublime.

This has to be the best 'first-time' planted tanks I've ever seen.

Well done mate. :D

George Farmer said:
web.jpg

I love this! Brilliant, Andy. The juxtaposition of the urban mixed with the little slice of nature is sublime.

This has to be the best 'first-time' planted tanks I've ever seen.

Well done mate. :D

Thanks George :oops: it means a lot coming from somebody with your experience, i really am taken back by the praise!

I loved this picture and just had to post it on here!

I just hope that i get it right in my new setup. o_O

Gets better with every photo you post, I would have to agree with George on this one, top marks really.
Lots of new tanks coming through the forum and I am having trouble keeping my plants alive LOL

LondonDragon said:
Gets better with every photo you post, I would have to agree with George on this one, top marks really.
Lots of new tanks coming through the forum and I am having trouble keeping my plants alive LOL

Thanks for your comments LondonDragon! :thumbup:

I have splashed out today on a luxury item whilst over at The Green Machine!

ADA Thermometer!
web.jpg

Its is most sexy!

P.s The new Andy Mac scape at TGM is really special, and very unique get yourself over to have a look! :geek: :geek:

Hi Andy

I'm catching up on all things ukaps are having a few weeks away :D

I must say this is a fantastic looking scape, and as has been said, even better for being your first one :wideyed: :D The scale of it works brilliantly, and you seem to have growth and trimming under control too. I love the shoal of emerald eyes in there - nice a subtle for the tank.

Tony

NeilW said:
I bought this thermometer too! love it.

:woot: its wicked!

viktorlantos said:
nice gear for a great tank mate :)
i have the transparent series on mine but i love them.
easy to clean and looks sleek.

hey Viktor, i didn't realise they did two types, I assume your one is clear where mine is white.
I cleaned my last thermometer (cheap type) and all the markings came off! Very useful :twisted:

Tonser said:
Hi Andy

I'm catching up on all things ukaps are having a few weeks away :D

I must say this is a fantastic looking scape, and as has been said, even better for being your first one :wideyed: :D The scale of it works brilliantly, and you seem to have growth and trimming under control too. I love the shoal of emerald eyes in there - nice a subtle for the tank.

Tony

Tony, thanks very much, The trimming is a daily challenge.......Its keeps me out of mischief :crazy:
The emerald eyes are great, the shoal so well.

hey Viktor, i didn't realise they did two types, I assume your one is clear where mine is white.

yup here it is>

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... 209187244/

no background i thought this will be worst because of the readability, but turned out this is really invisible on the tank becasue of the transparency and still easy to read it. :D

however they both looks good.

Hi Andy.
Just read your journal for the first time.
Some great pics, how has the tank reacted to the pruning you did a couple of weeks ago? Any latest pics?

MarineHart said:
Hi Andy.
Just read your journal for the first time.
Some great pics, how has the tank reacted to the pruning you did a couple of weeks ago? Any latest pics?

Aaaah Mr Hart,

Tank responded well, infact everything growing really well at the moment.

Will post some pics on sunday, as i have two other tanks to play with. 1 x Pico and one nano

Hi andy i love the tank!!!

What size is the black ADA substrate, i assume its not the powder?? Also how many bags of ADA Aquasoil did you use?

Many Thanks

Ross

RossMartin said:
Hi andy i love the tank!!!

What size is the black ADA substrate, i assume its not the powder?? Also how many bags of ADA Aquasoil did you use?

Many Thanks

Ross

Ross

Thanks !

It is in fact ADA Amazonia Powder 1 x 9l bag. I actually used about 8l i think, as you can see i also added ADA sarawak sand at the front. I also used the Powersand special under the Amazonia (1 small bag) for added goodness.

I am actually just using the exact same recipe on my new 35l nano, as it works so well. Pictures, will be up on my journal later this week.

Just a couple of pics.....

web.jpg

This is one of my Algae eating Gobies, which are very cool!
web.jpg

The Staurogyne is really growing well, as you can see lots of new shoots, the only challenge is some of the lower leaves develop a black algae on their leaves. Am i not doing something right?
web.jpg

I will be doing a big prune in the next 10 days as the tank needs it. But apart from that everything else is great.

The only thing i am considering is using an inline CO2 diffusor on my filter return to help with the spread of CO2. Are they better than the intank glass/cermaic i am using?

Thanks for looking. :thumbup:

AdAndrews said:
Ace tank, and ace fish! What species is the Goby, Andy?

Adam.
Tonser said:
Looks great Andy, and that Goby is awesome :D 8)

Tony

The goby is a Stiphodon species, commonly sold as a red goby in the shops. Its an algae eater which is a real bonus in a planted tank. There are people out there who grow algae in the aquariums specifically to feed these guys! Madness !

there is a thread about them here:
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8128

Back