• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's 60L kitchen tank

George Farmer said:
It's getting better all the time!

Worthy of a new accolade, I feel... Watch this space. ;)

:rolleyes: :lol: oooo what does this mean.... :?: o_O

TDI-line said:
Looking tip top always Andy. :clap:

Dan, Thanks mate, thought you had left the hobby, got yourself a new setup yet? :shh:

I just noticed you're in Derby, where abouts?! I'm from Stoke (Alton) so not too far away!

Garuf said:
I just noticed you're in Derby, where abouts?! I'm from Stoke (Alton) so not too far away!

Ahh yes, i live in south Derby a place called Chellaston.

I know the place!Very nice little tank you've got there. You should be proud!

Hello

So i have purchased an inline CO2 diffuser from ebay, it looks good and from what i hear works well and produces lots of small micro bubbles:
P1070104.jpg

Plan to give it a go on this tank as need to get my co2 spread round the tank more and the in tank glass/ceramic diffuser isn't doing enough in my mind. Will give feedback and video of how this works once i get it in a couple of weeks.

Been giving the tank a prune and tidy up and working on shapes. The Hydrocotyle Verticillata is look great and i have some massive ones now. The scape is constantly changing shape i am letting the Hydrocotyle Verticillata grow tall at the back as it looks great. Here is a few pics:

The Complete Tank
web.jpg

The other type of Goby i have still a Stiphidon sp. though.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Just need to borrow Saintlys macro lens!!
web.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Andyh

looking forward to the vid as they are always really detailed on your cam. need to get me an HD cam or slr ;)

Its looking really mature now andy, the Hydrocotyle does the job nicely at the back :) Good luck with the new diffuser, looking forward to a review.

Created Youtube video, as the other link seems to be playing up:

My fav part is the shrimp at the end on the HC whilst its pearling :thumbup:

Thanks for looking!

AndyH

Great news, i have a number of Crystal Red Shrimp Babies! I counted six earlier! One of which was very small approx 4mm
Some are really white already, took the photo below, i took this using macro mode, managed to get a half decent pic. He is only about 8mm long. The HC leaves look big next to him!
web.jpg

My tank is growing so well at the moment and after adding some P04 managed to clear up a slight deficiency problem.

Couple of quick pictures i took this evening:
The staurogyne is really growing well now and looks really healthy.
web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks for looking
Andyh

Congrats on the shrimp babies Andy :thumbup: .
Mate, your plants are looking super healthy now.

Cheers,
James

James Marshall said:
Congrats on the shrimp babies Andy :thumbup: .
Mate, your plants are looking super healthy now.

Cheers,
James

Just noticed there is another baby shrimp on my 1st picture of the plants, 10 points to the first to spot it :lol:

EDIT; There are actually two CRS babies! never noticed until a second ago!

James-thanks for your comments.

Graeme Edwards said:
Nice work andy, looks great, plenty of contrast.

How are you finding the hydrocotyl? Is it growing as tall as mine yet? lol

Graeme, cheers mate!
I am trying to resist jokes about size........but size isnt everything :rolleyes:
I do have some pretty big ones at the back at least 8inches :woot:, :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hydrocotyl is growing really well, to the point i am planning on giving it a good prune to keep it in all the right places :thumbup:

Congrats with you Cr babies. Wish I could say the same, have a few pregnant ladies all the time but for one reason I never spot any babies.

I absolutely love this tank, Andy, so many plants, so much to be intrested in, i think its like the overgrown look, just full, everything right at you, awesome! :thumbup:

paul.in.kendal said:
bogwood said:
...this obviously is either good luck...
Erm, I don't think so! :wideyed:

Paul, Thanks for sticking up for me! :thumbup: Bogwood is actually one of my cheeky relatives! :lol: :lol:

bogwood said:
Hi. Your latest pictures look great.
The tank has a very mature look about it, this obviously is either good luck, or your day to day running/maintenance.
How regular are your water changes, and are you still feeding Brighty and step 2? Is anything else being added ?

Bogwood, thanks for your sarcasm as always! :woot:
I am still on two water changes per week dosing Brighty K, and about to switch to Step 2. I also dose easycarbo 3ml per day and now once a week some PO4.

Back