• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's ADA 60P Cube Garden UPDATED 15-07-12

andyh

Hello!

So after a recent trip to TGM i have finally got what i have secretly always wanted a ADA Cube Garden 60P which is W60xD30xH36 (60l). The clarity of the glass and the pretty much none existent silicone make this a really special product. Its far better than other opti-whites i have owned. I am really too excited and over enthusiastic about the tank. I showed my wife expecting her to be as excited as me, and she simply said "Its a fish tank?" :rolleyes: :lol: DOH! I didn't even try to explain o_O

Another reason for choosing this was its aspect ratio is very close to that of the Golden Ratio of 1 to 1.6. I never used to really get this but what i do understand is that some tanks look visually more appealing than others, and to be honest i need all the help i can get! :lol:

This is going to be in my study/office so it will be replacing my old 35l Nano, which has been relegated to the garage. This is already being used as a supplementary holding tank.

As seems a tradition here on UKAPS, i have started my journal well before the scaping stage, as i like the feedback I have got previously on other journals. Its helps when you have the UKAPS massive giving advice, criticism and support! :thumbup:

The plan so far isn't clear, but its going to be done right is all i can say. I am currently planning how to suspend my light from the cupboards above my desk. The light is an Arcadia Luminaire 4x24 T5. I want it suspended as i want the open feel to the tank. It also gives me the ability to raise/lower the light as required. The only things i can say is its gonna have wood, lots of it and probably Manzi wood at that :shh:

Here is the tank, still in its protective wrapping....
6310889012_90746ac089_b.jpg
photo by andyh_2011, on Flickr

Once things get a little clearer in my mind i will include all the equipment and plant spec's :geek: :D

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

Andyh

Re: Andyh's ADA 60P Cube Garden

Yes, the new ADA Quality is somehow different from the previous ones, better .. TGM staff didn't agree with me, as I mentioned this during my last visit, but I think you know what I mean and finally the new Logo ;)

Wish you a good start

Hi Andy,
looking forward to this journal. Starting with your dream equipment and the 'its going to be done right' attitude only bodes well for this project, especially after the quality of your last 3 journals... or more if ive missed some.
Perhaps you could suspend the lighting via a ' shoelace' system which would be very inkeeping!! HaHa :lol:
Good luck.
Ady.

Kitchen tank master is back! :D

By the way, don't throw away the protective top and bottom cardboard bits. Great for filling with a bit of sand and doing some dry scaping. I'm saying this now because I'm having to make one for myself since my clone ADA60P didn't come with one :lol:

Thanks for all the comments guys!

The tank is unpacked now!

Ordered some ADA Amazonia Soil and ADA Powersand Special today to go with the Amazonia Powder i already have, that should be here in the next few days and then we are off! :geek:

Hello!

Been mad busy the last 10 days what with Aquatics Live and work and not been able to update the old journal! But i am back for at least a few days before i have to shoot off again. I really happy with the ways things are going and looking in the tank.
So here is the Specification:

Aquarium - ADA 60P Cube Garden 60Wx36Tx30D

Lights – Suspended Arcadia Luminaire 4 x 24w T5, running 2 tubes for 7hrs per day. Tubes 3 x Osram Skywhite and 1 x Grolux (for enhancing Reds on plants & Fish)

Filtration and CO2 – Eheim 2222 Main filter and Eheim Thermo 2324 (used as a CO2 reactor in conjunction with an Up CO2 Atomizer/2kg bottle on the intake of the filter).
The 2222 has traditional Eheim media, whilst the 2324 has a Seachem Purigen 100ml bag, Carbon and some floss in it. CO2 is on 2hrs before lights for a total of 6.5hrs.

Glassware – Cal Aqua 13mm Lily pipes and intakes. Plus Cal Aqua Drop Checker

Substrate – ADA Powersand Special 2ltr, ADA Amazonia Soil & Powder 9ltrs

Ferts – Easy Life Kalium – Potassium, ADA Green Gain, ADA Phyton-Git,
After 2 weeks start dosing Tropica Nutrition

Hardscape - Dragon stone and Manzi Wood

Plants:
Glossostigma Elantinoides
Eleocharis Parvula Hair Grass
Hemianthus Callitrichoides HC
Hydrocotyle Sp.Japan
Hydrocotyle Verticillata
Cryptocoryne Wedntii Brown
Cryptocoryne Parva
Rotala Wallichii
Rotala Rotundifolia
Echindorus Tenellus
Vesicularia dubyana Christmas Moss

Livestock so far:
Amano Shrimp
Otto's

Just taken a load of Pics and HD video which i am hope to post shortly :D

Thanks for looking
Andyh

Re: Andyh's ADA 60P Cube Garden UPDATED

So here it is, The plan was to create an island type scape, i have used the Dragon stone in a different way to the past and used to to create ledges/plateaus all at different levels with various heights of plants. In the centre is the Manzi wood and The Rotala to give the central focal point and height.

This tank is going to require a prune soon as its approx. 2 weeks old to and will need a fair bit of trimming to keep its shape.

Please ignore the bloody awful eheim green pipe, that will be replaced soon with some CalAqua glassware once Santa has visited. (i broke the last one) :( & Apologies for how photo heavy this one is, i got a little carried away o_O

6407335111_5c3fd1e3a3_b.jpg
Full Setup Shot by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407336193_3a7353d2f8_b.jpg
Full tank shot ADA 60P by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407355109_b19cc29f4a_b.jpg
Overhead Shot by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407337179_4d9d495cb8_b.jpg
Close Up Right side by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407338687_eac08d0b64_b.jpg
Close Up Middle by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407339783_0639b37e3a_b.jpg
HC Growth by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407340659_3fdb81f170_b.jpg
Glosso And Hairgrass by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407341693_76fdd11f45_b.jpg
SIde view Right Side by andyh_2011, on Flickr

6407342739_7f0aea6722_b.jpg
Low Shot by andyh_2011, on Flickr

Just working on a little HD video should have it done by the end of the weekend :geek:
Thanks for looking :thumbup:
Andyh

Andyh's ADA 60P Cube Garden UPDATED 26-11

Great photos, very classic scape.

What fish you planing?

I don't know what is the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please the world!

Re: Andyh's ADA 60P Cube Garden UPDATED 26-11

ghostsword said:
Great photos, very classic scape.
What fish you planing?

Cheers Luis, the fish from lounge tank are in my holding tank so it will be a selection of them.

nice vid Andy, very crisp and clean. The scape is also very symmetrical, i like the look of a symmetrical scape, they add a little bit more for me for some reason. When the middle back section grows in it'll really take shape.

Really nice vid bud, looking forward to seeing it grown abit more :)

ianho said:
nice vid Andy, very crisp and clean. The scape is also very symmetrical, i like the look of a symmetrical scape, they add a little bit more for me for some reason. When the middle back section grows in it'll really take shape.

Thanks Ian, The symmetrical scape was something i was trying for the first time, i am really happy how it looks and once grown in should start to look a lot more natural. As you say its the middle back that needs to grow in and fill out to create the island effect. The rotala is now a good 6" tall so already looking better. The pruning technique is vital here to make the plant mass more dense. (which i am still learning)

FishyJake13 said:
Really nice vid bud, looking forward to seeing it grown abit more :)
Cheers dude, me to the worst stage for me is the start, i am impatient!

2 words

Well jel

Haha looks brilliant Andy mate! Very very cool.

I can't wait I have just picked up a 75x45x45 and it looks amazing hope it turns out like your tank Andy, great scape by the way !

Back