• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andys 60l cube

Andy Thurston

Now the silly seasons out of the way its time to start my new tank
I bought the tank before christmas, with the intention of building a stand when i was off over christmas.
The tank is an aqua one cube 40
2asevape.jpg

A few pics of the stand
rama2a4a.jpg
radare9e.jpg

And finally painted with tank and boyu 3x8w t5 light
u4u3ypun.jpg

sahezusy.jpg

Hardscape african aquarium rock and wood and a few river pebbles to bulk up substrate
gesuraje.jpg

Add the john innes 3 substrate
upebapas.jpg

and 2kg unipac black quartz sand cap about an inch thick and fill with water(i thought i'd better check the tank for leaks at this point)
sy3u4enu.jpg

I removed any floating bits, drained the tank and started planting the carpet of hairgrass(thanks for the left overs Dan) next the 1-2 grow monte carlo picked up at calder valley aquatics yesterday afternoon
esu2y9uv.jpg

ase6a5ev.jpg

8ehu5u6y.jpg

Cling filmed and wait 3-4weeks
I couldnt believe how much came in such a little pot i bought 2 and only used 1 with leftovers
yga9ejyv.jpg

These are going to dan to repair the oops in his rio 180
Just got to collect a filter and order solenoid and needle valve for my diy reg. ready for flooding in 3-5 weeks.

Thanks for looking
Andy

Looks great.
Baby wipes and coffee.....survival kit!

Looks great.
Baby wipes and coffee.....survival kit!
Cheers ady, the coffee has to be the strongest latte iv ever had. Much needed after the stem by stem planting which took nearly 2 hours
The baby wipes are a useful byproduct of having a 16month old girl in the house.
How are you liking your reef?

Looks great Andy I've put our name on that tank and filter I told you about if you fancy a ride out one night this week to collect it with me
Dr clown diagnoses chronic MTS
Ye ill have a ride out one night this week but it will have to be after 8 except wednesday when i can go any time. Im on daddy duty cos our lass is working

Cheers ady, the coffee has to be the strongest latte iv ever had. Much needed after the stem by stem planting which took nearly 2 hours
The baby wipes are a useful byproduct of having a 16month old girl in the house.
How are you liking your reef?
Ah, I was gonna say 'Dad' survival kit....I know the feeling well, strong coffee a must and I don't leave the house without a pack of wipes!

Yeah enjoying the reef and it's various algaes, makes me sick lol

Cheerio
Afy

Back