• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andys 60l cube

A few pics of the inhabitants
DSC_3216_zps35dc5fa2.jpg

DSC_3202_zps7a1d8306.jpg

DSC_3142_zps008a3354.jpg

DSC_3130_zps47937aad.jpg

DSC_3098_zpsd3f71986.jpg

DSC_3074_zps0c816e90.jpg

There not looking as awesome as they did a few weeks ago I'm really pushing it with the co2 at the moment and they tend to loose their glowline with too much gas. I'll try find a pic
Look at the red gills on the otto a sure sign of too much.
Going to reduce lighting and co2 and ei, ready for the painted reds which should be here next thurs/fri
Be nice to have something different to take pics of

Yep all because of too much co2
The second 2 pics are about 3 weeks earlier
Ph 5.9 in first pics and ph 6.1 in last pics, nothing else has changed
Livestock and plants are probably the most accurate drop checkers we have
Plants melt and get algae with low co2 and fish show changes in behaviour and appearance when it is too high. different fish are affected differently at different times, some symptoms appear long before any deaths occur and in my tank all this happens in the time it takes my drop checker to change from green to yellow
Its like having lots more colours

Hi Andy , loving the pics .
Tank looks brill .
Haven't been on for a long time :/
Have you got any mini hair grass spare ?
Cheers

Ayup sam:wave:
Its getting somewhere now. Hows your tank getting on since the move?any plans for a rescape.
Unfortunately the dhg is growing very slowly and a bit yellow. Its been a long slow recovery since the lighting failure. Im in the process of increasing light intensity, trying to speed things up.The dhg doesn't seem to like change... Every time i change something it suffers a bit of melt and takes a week to recover.
The carpet has had zero maintenance It grows then some dies it seems like i have the same amount as when i started. The monte carlo seems to be getting thicker since the last light increase.
Hows your projects coming on?

Quick update
Split up with our lass so no photos till i've got my new house sorted.
Tanks pretty much same old weekly 50% water change, 1.5x EI dosed when i visit the kids macro and micro at the same time 2x per week seems to work fine.
Lets hope it survives the move, god knows how i'm going to move the 350l clown loach tank
Anyways thanks for looking

Oh dear what have i done?:arghh:
7D3E9436-A1E4-4AC9-A100-64E96902EEBB_zps1mlfylax.jpg

Just had to move this to my temporary home due to the ex threatening to kill this and the 15 painted red sakuras that went in yesterday. I only wanted to move this once. Even the animals have their world turned upside down. I wish she'd disappear so i can have a nice peaceful life with my kids and fish, anyway back to the update
Landslide. Thank god it didn't expose the ji3
C88C1E90-F888-4B33-9097-C4369155A5B6_zpskeoexfve.jpg

Half the carpet burried
Moss is filthy
C53A9A62-FD60-4A06-A557-EAD80DB69933_zpslrs8y8za.jpg

42D0A8D3-DB22-4E5A-B1AD-D52045910141_zpsjipet7sz.jpg

One of the new additions
BE38666A-4941-4579-935A-23DDCC882024_zpselg1g1st.jpg

Some work to clean this up but i ran out of time today
I might get some decent pics up tomorrow

Just had a look now... Good news the water is crystal clear and there are no dead critters.:)
I cant afford to rescape until i know how much my house is going to cost to run:greedy: Hopefully I can get some female painted reds that will breed and sell to pay for new plants/hardscape. I'm going to sort this this weekend.
The shrimp have cleaned all the plants and moss overnight so all i have to do is syphon the sand off the carpet and put it back where it came from, sounds easy but i bet it isnt

And a quick phone pic cos I've just noticed apfuk reading
Thanks for the fancy glassware john does the job nicely, shame i clicked the wrong size and had to get a local glass place to cut it down for free
Flow seems much better in all areas of tank now cheers

732CD06A-7BA6-40CC-9F20-88B89E2C875F_zpsumow9nyf.jpg

Back