angel death

Discussion in 'Fish' started by bazz, 22 Feb 2010.

1. bazz

bazz Member

hi,

4379905524_e89803f132.jpg

no need fror an autopsy on this greedy angelfish! was greeted with this grusome sight when i returned from work today. i've got 4 more angels but i'm afraid they will have to go. can't have anything eating my cardinals and rummynoses!
    cheers,
    bazz!

2. amy4342

amy4342 Member

Awww, poor Rummynose. That reminds me of when one of my Goldfish (Bob) ate a Corydoras, and the Cory stuck it's spine in my Goldfish's mouth. You could see the spine sticking out of Bob's chin. He was like that for about 4hrs, but I managed to grab the Cory with a tweezers and pull the spine out. Both Bob and the Cory are fine. Silly Bob.

Image120.jpg

3. Tunafish

Tunafish Pike man

Hiya mate,

yep, angels love those cardinals!. That's actually their natural foodsource in the wild when they approach maturity!.

4. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Angels and cardinals don't mix! cardinals are better suited for Discus ;) if you want to keep large flat fish!

5. sanj

sanj Member

It is not a given, I kept cardinals rummynoses and 7 peruvian angles together for 5 years. I introduced the Angels to the aquarium when they were only 2" and even when they were 6-7" adults they never noticably ate any. Caution though, I would not have bought small tetras and added them to a tank with adult angels. Feeding regime may help aswell my fish were/are fed a few times a day mainly through an auto feeder.