• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Angelfish with oto's??

toadass

Hi guys,

I'm about 14 weeks into my first attempt at a planted tank, the tank is doing really well. It is quite heavily planted (jungle style). The tank is 200l and running at around x15 turnover with spray bars along the back wall one on top of the other.

My question is would this amount of flow going through spray bars be ok for a trio of angelfish?
also I currently have
x2 German Blue Rams
x2 Platys
x8 Rummy Nose Tetras
x8 Diamond headed Neon Tetras
x5 Oto's

The smaller fish tend to come out and play in the flow then dissapear behind the plants for a bit of calm, as the angels are a bit bigger would they be ok with this flow, i didn't know if they were like Discus which prefer the calmer water?
Also would the Angels be ok with the oto's?
Just wanted to get a couple of larger fish to complete the tank

Many Thanks 8)

I have two large angels in my 260l with 10x turnover and the angles are fine and I also so have 5 Otos which the angles don't bother with at all.

You may also want to reconsider the number of angels, they should be kept in a mated pair or a group of 4 or more IME 3s a fight (they are cichlids after all)

ok cheers guys.
Aren't they hard to sex?? if i decided to go for four, would it make a difference on whether they are male or female?

Thanks

Yes they are. It wont really matter but you may end up with a pair and having to remove the other two if the mated pair get too aggressive.

toadass said:
ok cheers guys.
Aren't they hard to sex?? if i decided to go for four, would it make a difference on whether they are male or female?

Thanks

As they mature and a couple pair off, the other inmates will be pushed to the opposite end of the tank. :lol:

If you had 4/4 all males then there could well be a bit of bickering as they mature. That would be unlucky though.

Back