• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Angelfish

scorpianking1

Seedling
Hi,
Have just planted tank with hemianthus callitrichoides cuba and my 2 Angelfish keep pulling it out of the substrate giving me a real headache ? Has anyone any idea of why they are doing this ? Thanks.

They're probably looking for food. Angelfish will clear an area to spawn but unless they're a mature pair this is unlikely and they don't eat plants for the sake of it.

Some mesh over the area will stop them.

Hi,
My 2 Angelfish are about 8 months old and they seem to want to clear one particular corner of the tank. They do eat the odd bit now and then but not very often. They just seem to prefer pulling it out. I feed flake and dried bloodworm 3 times a day which is cosumed very quickly by them and by 25 Rummy Nose Tetras!!! Do you think I should feed them more food ? Thanks for your advice.

No that sounds fine. They are just cichlids and as such relatively intelligent fish and if they've got a spot where they found food once they will keep hunting for it there. I keep Mbuna from Lake Malawi in my main tank and they scour the areas around the rocks as it's where the food collects leaving bare areas. They're not digging for territorial reasons - just to find food.

Back