• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Angels plant safe?

mr. luke

I wish to add some dwarf angels to my tank, i just want to know if they are plant safe?
also, are regular angels (the hybrid ones :oops:) plant safe?

I'm a bit confused by the term "dwarf" angels? Are you talking about the commonly available Pterophyllum scalare type in the LFS? I've only heard of Dwarf angels in marine circles. There are the rarely seen Pterophyllum altum angels which do grow bigger, but aren't mentioned much.

The "normal" angels in the shops do occasionally have a go at plants but not to any degree in my experience. They did rip a few leaves of my Hygro. stricta and ate all of riccia, but everything else they've left alone.

Hope that helps.

Blimey, they're even rarer than altums!!

Must admit to not knowing much about them. Are they the ones with the upturned "noses" or are they the altums?

They are tiny at an average of 5-8cm ADULT size :lol:
nice for a tall 50 litre i think :D
I have found a private seller thanks to a friend of a friend that sells them for about £28 (from euros) foradults.

Thanks :D im thinking of going for altums if i can drop the ph (7.6 :oops:)
and if not then just a nice veriation of regular hybrid angels (super red's maybe?)

Leopoldii are the same rough size as scalare. That info on their size was duff! If anything they are slightly longer in the body than scalare's!

They look nice and baby faced though :D i wander how they get the name dwarf then?

Back