• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

another hc question

soton_dave

getting loads of new leaves growing on the stems the SAE's arent pulling up but there all looking like small stems rather than a carpet,how do i get it to spread across rather than grow up?the first lot i planted are growing low but the second lot i got was taken out of a tank and this is whats growing up.
tanks 170ish litres and im dosing 10mil TPN+ and 10mil easycarbo daily,CO2 from FE and all the other plantas are growing well.
do i just mow it down and re plant the tops?

cheers dave

The main reason for any plant getting leggy is lack of light, if you think that it's sufficient and everything else is good then just trim the tops off and replant :D

thanks for the quick reply.
ive got 2 25w t8's at the moment on for 8 hrs a day,ive just pulled them both to the front of the tank so now the hc is under the tubes.
i was going to save and get t5's but i may get another 25w t8 temporarilly till i can afford to upgrade.
would i benifit from upping the lighting to 10hrs a day?so far i havent had a trace of algae so im guessing im doing something right...lol

cheers dave

Tut tut Clarke,with the sale of those crypts it should be the first thing you buy.
Regards john.

Back