• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another Lockdown newbie

Luvlyjub

Hi all, another newbie to aquascaping although have kept basic tropical fish tanks for 20 years - sometimes with plants and mostly badly through lack of knowledge and time.
My tank was looking grim last year as I had been running down stock with 'natural' casualties with a lack of enthusiasm and other life stuff. However, my bristlenose pleco's seem to have liked the lack of attention and water changes and bred with around 30 of various sizes from my original pair. Anyway decided to go with a fresh start and saw a video setting up an iguami style in my Vision 180 and thought that would be a good idea :D
Nearly one year on and following lockdown getting started on the project now and just trying to learn as much as I can. Waiting for another tank to cycle to move Pleco's and re-home others and then to start the scape!
Ian

However, my bristlenose pleco's seem to have liked the lack of attention and water changes and bred with around 30 of various sizes from my original pair.

Hi @Luvlyjub

Firstly, welcome to UKAPS!

And I'm hoping for offspring from my pair of orange Bristlenoses. They're each about 7 - 8cm in length. At what size were yours when the little ones appeared?

JPC

Hi @Luvlyjub

Firstly, welcome to UKAPS!

And I'm hoping for offspring from my pair of orange Bristlenoses. They're each about 7 - 8cm in length. At what size were yours when the little ones appeared?

JPC
I guess after a couple of years the first fry appeared that would not be far off 8cm. Now can't stop them and it seems leaving the tank maintenance only encouraged them with less disturbance and not cleaning substrate. They love the dirftwood I added recently that will appear in my new aquascape tank as they munch on the fibre.

Thank you for the welcome here.

I have a lot to read just looking at the content of the Forum and hopefully I can contribute in time with my own experiences in aquascaping - the good and the bad. LOL

I may even start a Journal of my initial project that will be a upgrade and fit-out of my Juwel Vision 180 that still looks good after 18 years.

Back