• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another soap episode

Majsa

Well today I wanted to fill my 10 liter jerry can with rain water, but saw bubbles in the water.

I live in a row house where all the apartments have their own gable roof if you know what I mean. It appears our neighbour’s children had thrown one of those laundry detergent pods out of the attic window and as all the water from the roof flows straight into our rain water barrel it was an absolute mess! We tried to clean up but these pods are just nasty, so need to wait for some good rains.

Now I’m thinking, how do I know when the water is clean again? The barrel is made of plastic, it’s empty and rinsed now. I use 10 liter every week for my 45L cory/shrimp tank (50/50 tap and rain water) and have to think of an alternative for the coming weeks I’m afraid. I have a TDS meter, can I assume that if the conductivity is below some level it’s clean enough?

That’s a good idea, though would need to get the hosepipe to the roof to rinse everything off there too.

Back