• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Antoni's 60 cm scape - Autumn déjà vu

Antoni

Hi guys,

its been awhile since I have taken down the Lonely mountain and is time for new venture :)

I have played a bit with the hardscape to decide what style of aquascape I want and I came up with those 2 hardscapes:

Seiryu stone mountain hardscape:

IMG_8925_rock+hardscape.jpg

And wood scape, with some wonderful wood from the Amazon, kindly given me by Ed for this scape!

Hardscape.jpg

After wondering for quite some time, I have decided to go for the wood scape, as I want to create very colourful aquascape, representing Autumn view.

The seiryu hardscape is stronger, but will not be suitable for red/orange plants, as it will be difficult if possible at all to keep the hardiness of the water low. Perhaps will do another rock scape, after this one with less demanding plants :)

Please share your thoughts on this design!

I prefer rock based scapes so obviously I like that one better but they both look awesome. You have a very strong sense of composition. :clap:

Both great prefer rock but the wood scape is something different and a new style layout so go for that be a nice change to see something unusual and like you say will look good with reds and oranges etc

Thanks Dean

Very nice rock scape fill it up:D I also like the wood scape but I'd remove probably 4-5 stones.? The ones at the left front and send them to mee:)

Both great prefer rock but the wood scape is something different and a new style layout so go for that be a nice change to see something unusual and like you say will look good with reds and oranges etc

Thanks Dean

What Dean said.

Buy another tank and run them both :) I can't help but think there is something missing from the wood layout......sorry can't put my finger on it..... Maybe that every spike seems to be at equal spacing.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Thank you very much guys, for the kind comments! It was a difficult to decide between the two, but the plant list, helped with the choice.
I keep the stones, so I will definitely scape with them later on.

This wood is stunning, with so much detail.... I haven't seen anything like it before.

Really like the wood layout, foreground rocks provide some tension to the flow of the wood, great scape in the making.

Very nice rock scape fill it up:D I also like the wood scape but I'd remove probably 4-5 stones.?

The plan is that the stones will be barely visible, when the carpet is fully grown and will break the pattern and will give some colour to it as well. At least I hope it will work out this way :rolleyes: .

The ones at the left front and send them to mee:)
When the scape is done, I can send you some rock, that is no problem :)

Hi,
I really like the wood scape :)
Looking forward to seeing it planted up.
Cheerio,
Ady

Antoni,

Both hardscapes are fantastic. Very strong hardcsape with the stones and a very natural feeling with the wood.
Like Ady, i look forward to the planting.

Pedro.

Wood for me, it'll make more of a true NA, if that's what you want.

Looking at the rock scape, there's not much room for planting. I'm not sure you'd get the 'less' demanding plants in there.

Both really good hardscapes though!

Hi,
I really like the wood scape :)
Looking forward to seeing it planted up.
Cheerio,
Ady

Antoni,

Both hardscapes are fantastic. Very strong hardcsape with the stones and a very natural feeling with the wood.
Like Ady, i look forward to the planting.

Pedro.

Thanks guys! Shortly I will share the plant list! Really hope it will turn out nicely.

Wood for me, it'll make more of a true NA, if that's what you want.

Looking at the rock scape, there's not much room for planting. I'm not sure you'd get the 'less' demanding plants in there.

Both really good hardscapes though!

Yes Ian, I really wanted a very natural looking scape, pure NA, but with a twist...red plants ;) Would be quite a challenge to get them show the best colours, really hope that will manage :bookworm:

Regarding the rock scape...this picture does not make it a justice. It has space for planting on the back and between the rocks, but will definitely be an moss and green plants scape...

Wood layout for me too.
Has anybody else noticed it looks like a skeleton hand reaching out from the ground?

Thanks mate! Haven't looked at it this way :) It definitely requires some imagination ;)

Hi guys,

here is the plant list for the tank:
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala green
Proserpinaca palustris 'cuba'
Penthorum sedoides - new test plant from Tropica
Pogostemon helferii
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Rotala 'araguaia' - new test plant from Tropica
Rotala 'mini butterfly' - new test plant from Tropica
Marsilea crenata - new test plant from Tropica

Can't wait for the plants to arrive next week!

Wow that is a very exciting plant list. Can't wait now!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Back