• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubia bugs...

tmiravent

Hi, in one of my thanks i have a anubia bateri, half inside water the other half outside.
The anúbia seems to like verymuch to be in that transition position.
The problem is that somehow aphis came inside house a keep buging the outside water leafes.
What should i do?
Keep the bugs?
Kill the bugs, is there a way whitout quimical stuff?
the bugs are like these
Aphid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The tank is open, so should i quit the emersed plants?
thanks

If you have one of those things, that spray water in a fine mist - try spray the aphids directly hitting them with this, using COLD water. The aphids really don't appreciate that:hungover:
Mick.

If possible, you can put the plant under water for a week, too - that'll kill them off, too !!:twisted:
Mick.

Just drown then by submerging the plot. If you do it in a tank fish love 'em :hungry:

Hi,
I've already o tried to drown them, one by one.
The fish caught some a like it. But they seem to keep coming.
I can put the anúbia all inside water for treatment.
Should i quit keeping it outside?
Or do i have to cover the tank?
Anyone experience this problem?

With cold water will they died?
Or just go away for some minutes?

They are not eating the plant, for now...
If i could keep some ladybugs near the tank...

They'll die from the cold water, yes - eventually.
Keeping all plants under surface is by far the easiest solution.
If they come back, after you drowned them this sounds like you have them somewhete else, coming back to this plant from another one !!
Mick.

Leave it underwater for a few days. Also check under leaves for anything not part of the plant. Might be eggs

Google trasnlate into Portuguese: Deixá-lo debaixo d'água por alguns dias. Verifique também sob as folhas para qualquer coisa que não fazem parte da planta. Pode ser ovos

Aphids are ALWAYS eating......
- and keeping ladybugs indoor will result in them sitting in your windows. I've been there, using them in a ZOO exibition :p
Mick.

Aphids are born alive and already pregnent so no eggs;).. the shrimp are probaly attracted to the sugar left by the aphids.
Just afew hours under water should do the trick really. Unless they are comming from somewhere else.

Back