• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubias gigantea?

mr. luke

Anyone know where i can get an amount of the above?
I know it grows huge, but thats what i want :)
Also, how fish proof is it? is it more so than anubias v. coffefolia as this survives very well in my tank :)

i used to have one, (got it from my LFS) the rhizome was about 30cm long and it including the leaves measured about 45cm tall. :D

most fish tend not to eat anubias and ferns as they are more waxy. but saying that some bigger fish probable will. :lol:

My fish are mowers.
They eat vallis, java fern and bolbitis so fat out of the so called 'bullet proof' plants, and anubias nana :rolleyes:
But they leave anubias coffefolia well alone, not even one nip in about 12 hours :D most plants dont last 10 minutes, and im not exagerating :p
Ill have a scout for gian anubias, would make a nice centerpiece :) also looking for more coffeefolia if anyone knows where to get it cheaply :) (or the regular version of the plant would also do :)) i payed £4 for about 7 medium sized leave on a tiny rhiozome

its a myth when they say vallis gigantea is fish proof. The best are crinum thaianum and of course java fern

Back