• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubias leafs dying

RudeDogg1

Hi,
I’m currently in the process of doing my first dry start. The last couple weeks I’ve noticed some of my Anubias leafs appear to be dying / discolouring. The rhizomes look firm and healthy. I did wonder if it’s because I added a tiny bit of ferts to my sprayer thinking it would help out the plants not in soil.

a8c80f32ccd74822278fc5023897f696.jpg

af581163e9e2dfd5581c3ccb1d72b5a3.jpg

2df81bb86de854ff6c29ed1e26018089.jpg

Should I remove the leaves?

How long do you plan dry start? Ferts are not really needed for anubias can hold out a long time.. Just keep the humidity high. You can cut the damaged leaves it will regrow. Next time you can just add anubias before you flood the tank as it doesn't make a lot of sense to add it in a dry start..

Greetz, Luciën.

I only added them cuz I wanted every thing to have a chance of establishing before it got flooded. I plan to flood it the end of next week which will be the sixth week

Hi all,
I added a tiny bit of ferts to my sprayer thinking it would help out the plants not in soil.
Yes, fertiliser burn. It has similar symptoms to the leaves drying, because in both cases the water has been sucked out of the leaf and you get localised cell death.

If it is a humidity effect the edges of the leaves are where you get the symptoms, but with fertiliser burn it is where the fertiliser solution has sat on the leaves

cheers Darrel

Back