• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any aquatic plant societies and good books!?

nilo

hi guys, does anyone know of any aquatic/plants societies /clubs in the kent region? i would love to go to one to increase my knowledge.

Also i really want a good book about setting up a planted tank/aquascape, ive seen some of the ones by ADA are they good? im after something REALLY indepth to get my teeth into, i will then use the info in the book to tweak my current tank (which im not 100% happy with)

cheers guys. :D

Hi Nilo,

Where do we start?
First go to the home page and check out the links section, youl find allot there.
All of Takashi Amano's books are well worth buying. They provide insparation rather than how to run a planted tank. The ADA Catologe from Japan is more informative.
The inspierd Aquarium is a good book, you can get it from A.E.
Another is The Ecology Of A planted aquarium by Dian Walstad is very techy/scientific.

Food for thought there, to get you started.

Graeme.

Cheers Graeme,

That was really helpfull, shame the "aqua journals" that Takashi Amano writes are not in english, oh well, im going to chose my book now!!

many thanks..

marc :D

There are 5 or 6 English translated AquaJournals. Very very inforomative. Have a look in the litriture section in AE. I think they are still available.

Ive submitted a load of links for the mian page, just waiting for Matt to upload them, so keep your eyes open on the home page!

I started with takashi amano's nature aquarium books 1 & 3 alongside Diana Walstads book.

I'm currently working my way through the Barr reports over the past few years. Very informative but hard going when my 2 year ols keeps drawing on the ones I have printed out :)

Back