• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any diy root tabs?

I dont have a soil substrate, just sand so i was told i need root tabs, are there any 'recipes' i can use to make my own? I have empty capsules i can use.
I agree with Hufsa, in that no one necessarily "needs" root tabs as long as the water column is being dosed. Of course, it's always better to have nutrition in both the water as well as in the sediment, but as mentioned, root tabs often contains ammonia as their source of nitrogen and if the sediment is disturbed, or if the tab is not properly submerged in the sediment they can leach ammonia into the water.

Cheers,

If you are a complete novice
Plants can take nutrients out of the water so adding fertilisers inti the water is probably the easiest and most common way of feeding aquatic plants

It’s completely different to terrestrial plants who mostly get their food from the soil they grow in (there are a few exceptions to this)
So we a use to seeing fertilisers that you add to the soil (substrate)

Have a look at getting Ei fertilisers
There’s lots of threads on here that I’m sure someone can point you towards

Don’t panic it very simple to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back