• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any idea if this a dual stage regulator?

maj74

So the CO2Art regulator that I was having trouble with yesterday turns out to be an older single stage regulator, not a dual one - fell foul of the old issue of sellers confusing dual gauge with dual stage.

Never mind, these things happen.

So looking at my original regulator that I bought quite cheaply from Germany about 8 years ago.

It has a large pressure valve knob on the front, as well as the small needle valve dial.

So have I actually got a dual stage regulator after all? I certainly never had any EOTD problems while using this, but haivng assumed it was single stage, was hoping to be more reliable on my new tank venture.

Any thoughts welcome!
IMG-4959.JPG

The main knob allows me to set the pressure that the CO2 reaches the needle valve at.

The looks of it, if it's an older version, the picture shows a Single-stage regulator...
Nd9GcR8hBGh8BE2N9NUS1KofVhXr71AsQfI1MANlA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Older type dual stage kinda more looks like this, basically 2 regulator valves connected in series.
5030_y.jpg

or this
hiwi-double-stage-pressure-regulator.jpg

Newer types from a more modern era the dual stages became because of more precise manufacturing techniques more compact. Have 2 valves build in one housing it should still look a lot bulkier than your picture shows.

The more modern build dual-stage (2 valves in 1 housing) with 2 smaller valves can look like this.
Double+stage+gas+regulator.jpg

double-stage-pressure-regulator-500x500.jpg

The simplest way to recognize a dual-stage, since it needs to contain 2 adjustable spring valves it also needs 2 accessible adjustment options. The first valve needs to be factory serviced/calibrated and set according to the gas pressure in the bottle and the second valve has a knob you can turn to set the desired working pressure. :) If it doesn't have this, then it's most likely a single-stage regulator.

Last edited:
Back