• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any Ideas For My Tank Plant Wise

BAE

well i have a 3 gallon with a 9 watt light it is 25cm tall 20cm wide 20cm deep im dosing 0.5ml of tpn+ daily and 0.4ml of easy carbo daily the in habitants are /will be

1 male endler
6 bee shrimp
2 micro crab it is heated and filtered

now ive tried growing hc.cuba but it is just detireating and my vallis seem to be melting with the easy carbo as ive heard others say so have theres ive got some riccia in the post for the carpet im after

i have a tiger lotuse that is thriving and is sprouting new leaves by the day

id like some low light plants for the back that are stems (to replace the vallis any ideas please)

bae

Hi, with that sort of light I would get some Rotala's, 3wpg is enough.. Also MU, grows fast and it is very pretty.

If you want a jungle at the back, then Hydrophila's and C. Demmersum are good choices.

mm i like

the Rotala

and the Hydrophila's

but i dont think theyde look right would hairgrass or dwarf hairgrass grow or any straitish plants that look like vallis

please bae

would

Hygrophila Angustifolia
or
Hygrophila balsamica
or
Hygrophila polysperma

grow /survive my favourite is the Hygrophila balsamica

BAE said:
but it is just detireating and my vallis seem to be melting with the easy carbo as ive heard others say so have theres ive got some riccia in the post for the carpet im after

be careful with riccia and easy carbo also. it just hates the stuff when dosed heavily.

Hygrophila polysperma is great plant. easy to grow, and IMO, not used enough.

it is a weed, so you'll have to keep on top of it.

ok thanks so should i drop the easy carbo to 0.10ml

should i just drop the easy carbo all together or just lower it ???? for the riccia to survive

I have a 120L tank, and I dose 10ml a day.

All plants just grow with it, and it kills algae, so it is a good product. Just be aware that there are some health concerns about its use, so follow the instructions carefully. :)

what do you mean health concerns (sounds bad)

also your dosing 0.8ml per 10 litres a day so i should eb safe with 0.4ml per 10 litres a day

For health concerns go to:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10282&p=110072&hilit=easy+carbo#p110072

Easy Carbo is good to use, but you need to be aware of all the issues that may come with the use, as there may be ways to bypass the problems.

I still use it, but not as much, as I got now two bottles of CO2 pumping into the tank. :)

what kinda issues like bad water qaulity plants dont like it what ????????

Back