• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any Ideas?

Jonatk

IMG_0505[1].JPG
IMG_0504[1].JPG
IMG_0503[1].JPG

Can anyone tell me what this is please, in the first two pictures.
Ive recently rescaped my tank and this has started growing on my wood and a small amount on plants.
Also, If you can, let me know whats happening with my swords. This happened within a week. There are shrimp and snails in the tank but they haven't bothered them before.

Its a 275litre tank
I have two Fluval aquaskys, running at around 80% output for 8hrs a day
I E.I dose 35ml Macro/Micro on alternate days
And 5ml Liquid CO2 every day

Oh Crap. Can I nip it in the bud?
Nerite Snails, Rabbit Snails And Cherry Shrimp. I dont think any of the fish would have done it.

Nerite Snails, Rabbit Snails And Cherry Shrimp. I dont think any of the fish would have done it.
No plecs for instance ? Tho' it looks like snail damage...

Oh Crap. Can I nip it in the bud?
Yes just keep your filter clean and keep up with maintenance and regular substantial water changes. You can kill it off with LC, just brush it on when the wood is exposed during water change. It's when it starts attacking plants that you need to worry tho'.

The Rabbit snails are a fairly new addition. I'll put something extra in for them once a week and hopefully they'll keep off the swords.
In your opinion is the rest of my dosing/light seem ok. The plants and moss seem to agree with the current dosing. I maybe due a change of media in one of the filter baskets, as it seems clogged, but other than that......

Hi all,
I dont think any of the fish would have done it.
No plecs for instance ?
I've never kept Rabbit Snails, but I've always associated that sort of leaf damage with plecs, even Hypancistrus will eat Echinodorus. Ramshorn snails will eat BBA, but they only graze the sporelings, they don't eat mature tufts.

cheers Darrel

Think rabbit snails can and will eat plants so more than likely them causing the damage.

Cheers

Conor

Hi all, I've never kept Rabbit Snails, but I've always associated that sort of leaf damage with plecs, even Hypancistrus will eat Echinodorus. Ramshorn snails will eat BBA, but they only graze the sporelings, they don't eat mature tufts.

cheers Darrel
No. Theres only one Otto. The rest are Gouramis and tetras. I haven't seen anything on the leaves, unless its happening whilst the lights are out. Ive removed the ffected leaves and I'll see what happens next week.

IMG_0520[1].JPG

I blanched two lettuce leaves last night and put them in the tank. This is what they've managed to eat overnight. The nerite snails haven't touched them.

Back