• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any one have any experiance with this?

1 week after putting this needle wheel injector into the tank, I think I can verify that either my circulation or my diffusor were letting me down on the CO2 front!!!

The 'slow' growers which fill my tank (no fast growers) have shot up and the tank is much fuller in 1 week!!!.

Also the surface scum has disappeared totally, leading me to believe that it is as I have read on a fair few other threads a CO2 related problem.

I will post some before and after pics probs Saturday seeing as the forum will be down on Friday so that you can see what I mean growthwise.

Nice spot Garuf.

Andy

Well, its all in place. Power head is working, but seems to be giving off a lot of flow still. I have my CO2 at about 1 bubble per 1.5 seconds at the moment. Not run CO2 for a while so will increase this when I get a reading on my drop checker. Its a murky blue at the moment but its only been in there for 20 mins or so.

I had to re-drill the impellor as it seemed to produce too big a mist of CO2. It still gives a "phutt" and a mist comes out, but its a little finer than before. Not sure if I can get it any better, I pretty much drilled as much as possible second time around. Still, the mist is spurted half of the way to all the way accross the tank before it rises, and then the spraybar kicks it back most of it. I'd say CO2 bubbles circulate for about 6 seconds generally, before reaching the surface. I think it needs some work still.

Well, it didn't seem to be working too well, so I've modified the idea slighty. I'm currently using a glass diffuser underneath the powerhead. The diffuser is a cheap one, so the bubbles comming out aren't as "misty" as I'd like, but they get sucked into the powerhead with the modified impellor and it seems to smash them up a little more. I'm getting a reasonably fine mist accross the whole of the tank, which then gets sent back again by the spray bar, and its constant instead of the "phutt-phutt" I was getting before.

I have actually returned to the diffusor. Why you may ask?

It wasn't for any problem with the powerjet but aesthetically it is noticeable and not very pretty whereas the glass ceramic is quite nice to look at.

I found that I had to clean it anyway as the holes would catch muck just like any filter or pump does.

I found that it was moving the substrate in the front left corner of the tank and I wondered about my 'barrier' being broken and cloudy clay Tropica substrate coming into contact wit the water.

I like my Nympheae stems and leaves to gently move in the water rather than be 'forced' into an outstretched position.

The final aspect was that my fish were all hanging out at the opposite end of the tank and I wasn't getting to see them.

So I cleaned the diffusor which weekly isn't really a hassle anyway and then did a complete clean of my filter (which only has half the media in it anyway)

Hopefully the fish will settle back into viewable positions soon.

Andy

Back