any one know about planning laws?

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by Garuf, 29 Jan 2008.

1. Garuf

Garuf Member

I want to build a fish room/workshop/bedroom away from my house as a sort of get away what planning permission do I need or can I just build it?
    This is all hypothetical yet but I reckon I could pull it off since my parents are after me moving out.

2. tgc

tgc Member

Depends what you want to build it out of, if you get one of those pre-fab concrete garages like the one i'm getting :lol: as long as its over five metres away from your house you don't need planning permision because it's classed as a temporary building. Anything else I'm not sure.

Cheers Tim

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

I work with local planning authorities quite a bit on the ecology side of things, and if it were me I'd phone the local planning people and get some advice. Then back that up with a letter confirming whatever they say.

Where do you live, I might know a local planner that you could call for some free advice ;)

Sam

4. Garuf

Garuf Member

Hollington, Stoke on trent.
    I'll see what I can do, according to my dad we've planning permission already granted but its either soon to run out or already out.