• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody Else Given up on Dechlorinating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Spencer,

So much for butting out and not making any further comment........

"I have been accused of being lazy and can`t be bothered to dechlorinate, a cheapskate, and now I don`t care about my fish."..........

Now your being a drama queen :lol: ......I never once said you were a cheapscate or implied it and in fact went out of my way to do the exact opposite on at least two occations . You yourself have implied by your very first post that you couldn't be bothered to dechlorinate anymore, not at all sure where the "lazy" bit came from perhaps you could point that out?
As for the last point about wether you care about your fish or not given my previous answers and those of other aquarists all I can say is, "if the cap fits wear it".

I started this thread to see if anybody had any real, hard evidence that dechlorinating is a necessary process. I wish people would read this thread and its sentiments properly.

I've been through this thread from start to finish you have made a total of 11 posts 10 of which are pretty much one liners and the biggest post you made was your last one which I am discecting now. Of the other 10 posts at least half have no real bearing on the subject and are just simple retorts to other posts. Your "sentiments" have never been perfectly clear right from the start with the heading of the thread. all you asked was "has anybody else stopped dechlorinating?".

I am not going to apologise for not following the "thou shall" and Thou shalt not" laws of this hobby verbatim. I guess my tank water would seem like poison to you chris, but my fish say otherwise. :D How you can say using tap water is irresponsible is a completely unfounded statement.

I neither expect or want you to appologise for not blindly following (laws is the wrong word entirely) "advice from other fishkeepers in this hobby" (is a more accurate way of putting it). Yes your tankwater does seem like poison to me and I wish you would tell me where I can get my hands on some talking fish :lol: . What I actually said was that IMO not dechlorinating tapwater is a tad irresponsible. Furthermore I am not the only one to believe this, if you think that my 20+years of experience is worthless surely James c, Zig or Fred Dulley are worth listening to, to name just a few? I know that I am a bit of an anorac when it comes to water quality (obsessive even) but I have never once ever, anywhere on any thread, on this or any other forum, said that "using tapwater is irresponsible". Hell, where do you think mine comes from before I filter and treat it?? :rolleyes:

I don`t "want" any particular answer, I want the truth behind whether dechlorinating is a necessary step or not. I hope you are not suggesting that I don`t listen to advice and only hear what I want to hear. :D

All I can say to that mate is "if the cap fits wear it". ;) :lol:

I understand from previous posts that you have a big problem keeping shrimp alive. Now before I start I would like to point out that I've never kept anything without fins by design but it appears to me the problem is essentially simple. You are poisoning them. Ok so it might not be chlorine and I would hassen to gues you are feeding them right, temperatures are ok etc.? That only pretty much leaves water quality as an issue, I think?

Bottom line for me is that chlorine and chloromines are in tapwater with the sole intention of killing stuff, as I'm trying to do the exact opposite they are surpluss to requirements.

Regards (and that really is me finished on this topic (horaay!! i hear you all cry)) Chris.

chris1004 said:
So much for butting out and not making any further comment........

I suspect you only do this when you have the final word. :lol:

chris1004 said:
Your "sentiments" have never been perfectly clear right from the start with the heading of the thread. all you asked was "has anybody else stopped dechlorinating?".

You are right on this one chris, I should have given this thread a more appropriate title.

chris1004 said:
if you think that my 20+years of experience is worthless

You are right on this one too chris. :lol: I have spent many years moving with my job, being trained up by so called "experienced" people. Some of them were just plain stuck in their ways, and they confused this with experience and, dare I say, intelligence.

Nice attempt trying to rope in the likes of Zig etc., but I beleieve they run their tanks and water differently to you. ;)

chris1004 said:
All I can say to that mate is "if the cap fits wear it".

Hey chris, congratulations, you have got your yourself a really funny catch phrase now. :rolleyes: I look forward to having a good laugh on your threads. :lol: Such a shame you had to butt out, or have you..... ;)

Dave.

You try to appear clever, but your thinly veiled patronising comments do you no service my friend. :bored:

P.S. Exactly how much is a "tad irresponsible"? Anybody know?

Lads, ladies etc I'm going to close off this discussion as its getting somewhat wayward.

There are lots of interesting views here over many pages, more than enough IMO for the individual to make up their own mind one way or the other on this topic.

If anyone feels they need a right of reply please take it to pm, thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back