• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody running Apex on their planted tanks?

john6

I bought an Apex EL for my reef tank but never got around to setting it up, so is it worth keeping and setting it up when i finally get round to setting up my new tank or is it not really suited to freshwater so should sell it?
For those that do use one what do you use it for? all i can think of is ph and temp control and possibly co2 control, please let me know

I assume its this one I would think the temp and pH probes would be nice to have hooked up for logging and monitoring - the pH especially since you're running a CO2 tank.

Cheers,
Michael

I assume its this one I would think the temp and pH probes would be nice to have hooked up for logging and monitoring - the pH especially since you're running a CO2 tank.

Cheers,
Michael
Yes thats the one. Its not something i would think of buying for a freshwater tank but as i already have one, i thought i may aswell use it if its going to be useful, just seems a bit overkill just monitor temp and ph though.

Yes thats the one. Its not something i would think of buying for a freshwater tank but as i already have one, i thought i may aswell use it if its going to be useful, just seems a bit overkill just monitor temp and ph though.
Yes, it may be overkill for just pH/temp... Well, if you never used it you can probably get a good price selling it and perhaps use the money toward a nice more dedicated pH monitor. If I am not mistaken, quite a few CO2 users around here have that to help make sure their delivery is consistent.

Cheers,
Michael

Depends on what you want to control ? modern heaters are quiet stable and co2 and lights etc can be controlled by simple plug in timers.
Those Apex units are not cheap so you could try selling it in this forum or more fittingly the Ultimate Reef forum and see if you can get a fair price, easier to see if unused, though how old is it ?
If you want to watch ph and temp graphs all day on the mobile or PC then stick with the Apex, a simple weekly ph liquid test or dip strip works for us.

Back