• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody use Easy Life Fluid Filter Medium?

donalo

Seedling
Hi All,

As above, I'm getting some of the above and have not used it before.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips? ie: if I fill a bucket with water before adding to the tank do I add it to this or add to the tank once I have made the water change?

I did read that it clouds the water when added but the next day the water is sparkling.

Cheers

Isn't it odd that they don't list the contents? If it's "all natural", "does not contain any chemicals, bacteria or other organic additives" then what could it be? The only substance that could possibly qualify for this description is a mineral. Only a few minerals actively absorb NH4+, the most notable of which is zeolite, so there is a high likelihood that this is just zeolite in a liquid suspension, possibly mixed with bits of activated carbon. :idea:

Cheers,

When I first started reading about it clarifying the water, I though it was just a floculant but it seems to do everything which does make me suspicious. To my mind, anything which claims to do everything probably does nothing. For instance, it says it clarifies water, removes heavy metals, chemicals, medicinal redidue, algaes(?!) and odors and also fertilizes plants (among others). Too good to be true? I think so.

Still, even if it's just a flocculant, it might be worth trying. Who knows the link to the website? I got the above info from zooplus.

Back