• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone else have problems with T5 lighting?

Well Ive just hooked up the eheim compact+ 3000 which is currently running at the full 3000lph (or rated to be ;)) this combined with my eheim 2080 gives me a rated flow rate around the tank of 4700lph, is that enough flow in a 250lt tank? :lol: 18.8x per hour?!?! and I reckon given that there is no filter media the pump is likely to actually be running at more like 3000lph, ok not the full due to the 2feet it has to pump the water up and into the tank but pretty close. Best of all I can't hear the pump over the hum of the filter, which is a huge relief.

I have to say, I know they can cost more, but Ive decided I'm an eheim man, the equipment is absolutely top notch.

Lets just hope it does the trick and the plants start to recover!

Sam

I'm really pleased for you that it all hooked up no problem and is nice and quiet :D I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does the trick.

Hi Sam,as you know from a personal veiwing i run my two eheim 2028s at a very high turn over and my plants and fish are doing even better than when you last saw them, my co2 is 4bps so again high but with the surface agitation i think this is ok and by looking at my setup the plants speak for themselfs,now haveing just returned from italy today 20th sept i left my son the set rules for the week,basically i halfed everything ie,macros/micros,fish food the only thing i left the same was easylife easycarbo at 5mls per day, well when i looked at mysetup it was awesome everything is so healthy the plants look so clean (no algae any where)so i may have found the right balance that suits MY setup, because worcester water is high in N and P so i think i may have been overdoing the dosing hense the slight algae here and there,by the way i only run my t5s for eight hours a day,my co2 comes on two hours before my lights, so it is near to optimum levels when lights on,take care john.

Themuleous said:
Well Ive just hooked up the eheim compact+ 3000 which is currently running at the full 3000lph (or rated to be ;)) this combined with my eheim 2080 gives me a rated flow rate around the tank of 4700lph, is that enough flow in a 250lt tank? :lol: 18.8x per hour?!?! and I reckon given that there is no filter media the pump is likely to actually be running at more like 3000lph, ok not the full due to the 2feet it has to pump the water up and into the tank but pretty close. Best of all I can't hear the pump over the hum of the filter, which is a huge relief.

I have to say, I know they can cost more, but Ive decided I'm an eheim man, the equipment is absolutely top notch.

Lets just hope it does the trick and the plants start to recover!

Sam

How are things looking now Sam?

Back