• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone else play guitar or anything else?

foxfish

Anyone else play guitar or anything else? Just wondering...
I can just about play a 6 string but play tenor & just started 4 string banjo.
I do Z cars on the harmonica ;) & play the didgeridoo.
My misses is absolutely convinced that I cant sing but it don't stop me trying LOL

I play the electric organ (taught myself) but have not touched it for a couple of years!

Anyone else play guitar or anything else? Just wondering...
I can just about play a 6 string but play tenor & just started 4 string banjo.
I do Z cars on the harmonica ;) & play the didgeridoo.
My misses is absolutely convinced that I cant sing but it don't stop me trying LOL
It sounds like you need to get yourself to the auditions at 'Britain's got Talent' :)
I'd love to be able to play the drums! But I think if I bought a set my neighbours would saw my arms off!

I'm a keen lover of the guitar; in fact, I'm studying music on it at uni at the moment. I also play the uke when I get time. Currently considering selling my car to buy a Mesa Boogie MkII. IF i do, I'll be getting my head checked shortly afterward.

Definitely. I could be the next big thing!
If you get round to learning to read, give this book a look-in. It's guitar specific, but has helped me a great deal.

I can drum! Played for brass, Dixie, steel pan bands and Orchestras. Also played for more modern bands! My teacher was the BBC Orchestra drummer so I was classically trained!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a go at most instruments and the best I got was tick Tack toe on the school recorder, or oh susanna on a numbered mini keyboard. 123 55 6531 122312 etc, that was 31 years ago. Oh and 12345 6 1 start of east enders.:D

Time for another go then Kirk.... I really don't play anything very well but by following tablature I can lean tunes ok. I am finding that picking the banjo is very hard compared to strummig the guitar!
My misses is really not impressed with the Kerry Polka being repeated 30 times an hour I can tell you :)

I have had a few guitars,never a good one,the last time I has a go ( hurt everyones ears) it was acoustic.I have an injury to my left hand where I drank to much and lost a fight with a window sethering an arterie tendon and nerves.some years ago I have trouble stretching fingers over the frets. I'd have to learn to play the other way like hendrix.:D My Dad always wanted to learn the banjo,I love the sound of the banjo also like the sound of the instrument the two guys play in the demon fight scene in kungfu hustle . Not sure what it's called?.:)

Guitar for me - left handed. Have always owned an electric and an acoustic but recently sold my electric and just have my acoustic. Simple 3 chord stuff for me - fits in with what I like to play, punk rock :)

My Rickenbacker 620 is my pride and joy. But I need to buy an amp that does it justice, since I managed to blow out my old one.

My favourite acoustic is my Yamaha FG-750S. With a set of d'adarrio strings it's beautifully rich and warm, not too bright- just really sweet sounding. Perfect for the acoustic finger- picky stuff which is what I mainly play.

When I need to be amplified, I have two electro- acoustics. A Takamine EG-260C, which is a gorgeous guitar but so bright. Got a set of Elixir strings on this, which add even more to the brightness, so this is really more for pieces with more strumming than picking.

My other electro- acoustic is a Fender CD-140SCE. This is a fantastic guitar. The sound is warm and quite bright- just as warm as the Yamaha but brighter, but not as bright as the Takamine. Probably half- way between. So this is really an all- purpose electro- acoustic for anything with picking, strumming, or anything in between.

Aside from the Rickenbacker, I have a few more electrics. I have a Fernandes which used to have infinite sustain but I somehow managed to break it and haven't bothered to fix it. But that guitar is great for playing the Satriani/ Beck- esque style solos.

An Epiphone, just because.

And a couple of old guitars which I learned on...

I forgot I have been playing instruments on and Off for years. I have drum kit and two guitars.................for the ps3

Any pics Tom what models are they?

Kubicki ex factor, all black, met and knew the owner, Phil K, he died recently.
Zon Vinny custom made redwood burl
2 Modulus graphite Funk unlimiteds, one cheesy silver and black, the other bright orange with fluorescent orange strings.
Warwick Thumb fretless

Likely will sell a Modulus.

I've had almebics, nice custom single cuts, Steinbegers, various Warwicks, Pedulla's, fretted and fretless etc.
No Carl Thompson's, Foderas, Ritters, Dingwall, Ken Smiths. Like em, but they are really $$$$$.

A ritter and maybe another Single cut custom I'd like, but I hardly play with anyone else, so it's just for my own love of playing.
I use to have some pics, I think I still do, but they were just the older ones I sold.

The Zon Hyper bass was a dandy thing.
Google that and see Michael Manring play it. "Helios" etc. I have seen him and met him a few times, nice guy.
No, I'm not even as good as one of his fingers.

Back