Anyone else share the same plant buying habits?

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by nry, 21 Apr 2009.

1. nry

nry Member

I seem to find I go shop at e.g. AE, buy some plants, then a week or so later think 'hmm, I reckon plantx would be nice there' and wish they'd ordered it the week before...

I wonder sometimes if AE etc get some people like me who seem to order a new plant or two every week or so and wonder why they don't buy them all at once to save postage!

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

i used to be like that. i found a great way to learn what new plants would look like. but it eventually becomes an untidy scape. for me any way.

then i thought, it's best to choose a theme, choose the hardscape then choose the plants for that theme, then stick to it

3. nry

nry Member

I did that this time around, but in hindsight there's one plant which would have worked better for foreground type planting than the one I bought...my own fault I guess :)

4. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

I am getting a propogator pretty soon, so hopefully my plant buying, binning, rebuying days are over. :D

Dave.

5. Nick16

Nick16 Member

im intrigued, want to share where you are getting it from? link... :p

6. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

I`m currently looking in to it Nick. I have a lot of expensive plants in my 120cm that I want to keep for a later project. I`ll probably start a thread when I get it up and running, as I will almost certainly need some advice.

Dave.

7. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

I hope you do Dave, that will be very interesting to follow :) a lot of guys do it for corals, why not do it for plants too!

8. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

i shall be following with interest too.

in my last (first for that matter lol) i used to get new plants every few weeks, but it was a working progress. In my next tank i shall order all of the mat once, let it mature, then maybe add another batch if necassary

9. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

Emersed has its own forum section now. I reckon it could become fairly popular.

Dave.

10. altaaffe

altaaffe Member

I refuse to buy more than 1 pot of whatever I'm after now and just propagate my own from that pot.