Anyone else share the same plant buying habits?

nry

I seem to find I go shop at e.g. AE, buy some plants, then a week or so later think 'hmm, I reckon plantx would be nice there' and wish they'd ordered it the week before...

I wonder sometimes if AE etc get some people like me who seem to order a new plant or two every week or so and wonder why they don't buy them all at once to save postage!

Mark Evans

Expert
i used to be like that. i found a great way to learn what new plants would look like. but it eventually becomes an untidy scape. for me any way.

then i thought, it's best to choose a theme, choose the hardscape then choose the plants for that theme, then stick to it

nry

I did that this time around, but in hindsight there's one plant which would have worked better for foreground type planting than the one I bought...my own fault I guess :)

Dave Spencer

I am getting a propogator pretty soon, so hopefully my plant buying, binning, rebuying days are over. :D

Dave.

Nick16

Dave Spencer said:
I am getting a propogator pretty soon, so hopefully my plant buying, binning, rebuying days are over. :D

Dave.
im intrigued, want to share where you are getting it from? link... :p

Dave Spencer

Nick16 said:
Dave Spencer said:
im intrigued, want to share where you are getting it from? link... :p
I`m currently looking in to it Nick. I have a lot of expensive plants in my 120cm that I want to keep for a later project. I`ll probably start a thread when I get it up and running, as I will almost certainly need some advice.

Dave.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Dave Spencer said:
I`ll probably start a thread when I get it up and running, as I will almost certainly need some advice.
Dave.
I hope you do Dave, that will be very interesting to follow :) a lot of guys do it for corals, why not do it for plants too!

aaronnorth

i shall be following with interest too.

in my last (first for that matter lol) i used to get new plants every few weeks, but it was a working progress. In my next tank i shall order all of the mat once, let it mature, then maybe add another batch if necassary

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bettaguy Anyone got instagram for your plant photos? Off Topic / Chit-Chat 10