• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone entering the ADA 2008 aquascaping contest?

Are you enterin ADA 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, I've just submitted my entry.

It's basically a grown-in version of the 60cm opti-white I set up for PFK, supplied by Aqua Essentials. It's my best yet and the photography does it justice too. Pity I can't share it yet!

So, who else is entering? Deadline is 31st May...

Don't have a tank to enter, mine would just be laughed at and thrown in the bin LOL
Can you show the photos after the deadline? or just after the winners are announced?

I'll be entering! shame we have to wait till like September to get the results :mad:

Well, the number of people hitting 'Yes' is definitely more than 3!

Presumably though if you've shown photos of the tank then you can't enter it? How much does it cost to enter? I'm tempted, if only for a laugh as I know it's not up to much. I'd be more tempted with the AGA as they don't have any particular 'style'.

I definitely think planter should enter "Coast".

[News Release]

The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2008
Thank you very much for your entry to the Contest �f08!!
This year, the total number of the participants hit the highest ever with 1,169 applications from 47 countries. The contest results will be announced on this website at the end of July.

Participating Country (the number of applications)
Argentina (1), Australia (19), Belarus (1), Belgium (1), Bolivia (1), Brazil (9), Bulgaria (2), Canada (7), Chile (1), China (27), Croatia (6), the Czech Republic (3), Denmark (1), Estonia (1), France (14), Germany (26), Greece (5), Hong Kong (65), India (9), Indonesia (24), Ireland(1), Israel (1), Italy (30), Japan (423), Kazakhstan (1), Korea (18), Latvia (1), Lithuania (1), Malaysia (120), Mauritius (1), Mexico (4), Philippines (1), Poland (63), Portugal (6), Romania (1), Russia (18), Serbia (2), Singapore (23), Spain (10), Sweden (4), Taiwan (86), Thailand (28), Turkey (6), United Kingdom(12), U.S.A. (48), Ukraine (13), Vietnam (24)

NATURE AQUARIUM PARTY in September 13, 2008
Nature Aquarium Party and the prize awarding ceremony will be held in Tokyo, this year again. It will be your great opportunity to meet top-level aquarists from all over the world and celebrate the aquarium hobby together.
We look forward to seeing you all at the party!
Date: Saturday, September 13, 2008

No-one answered the 'how much does it cost' question. lol Can someone please? Then I can start saving up for it next year (if I don't suffer any more disasters between now and then)

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
No-one answered the 'how much does it cost' question. lol Can someone please?

not sure, but i reckon i'll go in next year :lol: 15 months of aquascaping then competitions?....i dont think so :lol: :lol: :lol:

saintly said:
SuperColey1 said:
No-one answered the 'how much does it cost' question. lol Can someone please?

not sure, but i reckon i'll go in next year :lol: 15 months of aquascaping then competitions?....i dont think so :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should go for it Saintly :) at the worst case, the Judges constructive criticism can be very useful!

SuperColey1 said:
No-one answered the 'how much does it cost' question. lol Can someone please? Then I can start saving up for it next year (if I don't suffer any more disasters between now and then)

Andy

The cost of entry is free unless you include the thousands we spend on our tanks anyway to try and reach ADA guru status :?

zig said:
SuperColey1 said:

Andy

The cost of entry is free unless you include the thousands we spend on our tanks anyway to try and reach ADA guru status :?

lol aint that the truth! :lol:

Saintly that makes me 2 months 'wiser' than you . lol

Bought my first ever aquarium in November 2006 and started with plants in January 2007.

Worth a go especially if it is free. I'm off to buy some childproof padlocks.

Andy

Back