• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone got any NiSO4?

HiNtZ

I'm looking to add to my micro mix as it is lacking completely. It's primarily for experimentation with urea.

Failing that, if anyone knows a good source to obtain some that would be great.

I offered before in the Reconstituters thread to send you a batch of my Trace + Iron if you wanted to try it out. Offer still stands.

:)

Sorry, I must have missed it. I went rambling on with every detail. I've been messing with cutting out K again and I'm getting better growth. Few more weeks I'll update that anyway with my recipe.

I got mine from eBay.

Nickel(II)-sulfat NICKEL (II) SULFATE HEXAHYDRATE 99,9+%- 250 grams

If you have any difficulty getting it I could spare a little (you don't need much, 100g is what I got and that's still a lifetime supply).

That would be great. I'd certainly be happy to pay my way, I want to get on this urea dosing ASAP really.

I'll order a batch as well so if ever you need any back...

I've bagged up 10g for you, PM me your address and I'll send it first class post tomorrow.

Its easier to divvy out if you dilute in a solution. Add to 100ml RO/DI 1.13g of NiSO4.6H2O then dose into your ferts mix at 1ml/500ml giving you 0.0005mg/L in the bottle.

Got a bit confused with the dosage - Zorfox's calc give me this

100ml RO + 33mg NiSO4 with a 1ml dose in 150L = 0.0005mg/l

Think I'm going to have to dig my Tanitas out too.

Oh ok, I see what you did there..... you make a solution of NiSO4 to add 1ml to the 500ml micro mix?

Yeah that's what I do. Make the concentrate first then dose it to the Trace mix bottle, 1ml/500ml or 10ml/5L (shorter to label print lol, which is how I have expressed it on the bottles below) then dosing the resultant Traces mix at 1ml per 10L tank volume for 0.0005mg/L.

44374959840_38d0507c0a_b.jpg

The reasoning is that it's far easier to weigh accurately in grams than micrograms to take into account errors in the weighing device resolution, my scales have a resolution of 0.01g and making a concentrate solution first that I can dose in millilitre quantities made more sense for higher accuracy. I only do it for the above elements in the pic.

:)

Last edited:
Add to 100ml RO/DI 1.13g of NiSO4.6H2O then dose into your ferts mix at 1ml/500ml giving you 0.0005mg/L in the bottle.

There seems to be a big shortcut there which made me consider if I was saine for a good part of the evening :crazy:. Then I read your thread several times and noticed I had missed this:

I missed a bit ^ I should have added that dosing the resultant mix at 1ml/10L gives 0.0005mg/L in the tank.

Adding 1.13g of NiSO4.6H2O to your 100ml bottle makes that solution 2,523.2 mg/L (ppm). Then adding 1 ml of that solution to your 500 ml fertilizing bottle gives you 5.0456 mg/L (ppm). Further dilution of 1ml of that 500 ml to 10 L of water will gives you the targeted 0.0005456 mg/l (ppm).

Just though I would give the entire decomposition of the calculation for the record (and also so that when I forget (because I will) I can come back and refresh my memory) :lol:

Although simple arithmetics, these ppm calculations are nerve recking sometimes :banghead:

I do the same for GH booster. All the calculations for the breakdown are on a post on the forum and it takes me an hour to remember the search string that brings it up.

Back