• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone got one of these?

aaronnorth said:
beeky said:
The inlet slots look very small. I'd imagine they'd reduce the flow through the filter quite significantly. I don't know how they compare with the ADA ones though - are they the same/similar?

Could any one comment on this?
I was a bit worried about the size of the inlet slots but it seems to work perfectly well ! dont think the flow is reduced at all.

SuperColey1 said:
...ahem....those are expensive. lol

Mine were £22.50 shipped.

;)

OIC I thought when you referred to 'the expensive ones' you meant ADA or Cal Aqua labs.

£22.50 is a Gooooood price :wideyed:

planter said:
Anyone bought one of these sets ?
The price is quite reasonable at £29.99 shipped. Just wondered if anyone had a set and could tell me what the quality is like.
I realise im not going to get ADA quality at this price but i think if your on a budget, unless this is really crap, it seems like a good deal. What do you think?

untitled.jpg

I missed this thread sorry :oops:

Yep i bought a set of these, the outlet is great, the inlet is absolute crap though.

It gets blocked up at least 3 times a day, the slits are wayyyyyyyyyy too small and in too small a area.
Severely reduced my flow on my 2026, ended up refitting the stock Eheim intake.

Cheers
Mark

Okay, well they didn't reduce flow on my Eheim 2322 Professional 2 Thermo, so I suppose the model mentioned above is a bigger filter with higher flow capacity.

Wouldn't it be possible to cut more slits in the in-take though? That's how they make them anyway.

To add to this, one thing I liked about this set was the size of the intake - it will actually suck up particles in the water near by, rather than the Eheim intake I got with the filter, where debris in the water would just drift on by, due to the HUGE area of the suction, making it in-effective.

So perhaps these pipes are ideal for my size filter or less only ;)

PM said:
Okay, well they didn't reduce flow on my Eheim 2322 Professional 2 Thermo, so I suppose the model mentioned above is a bigger filter with higher flow capacity.

Wouldn't it be possible to cut more slits in the in-take though? That's how they make them anyway.

To add to this, one thing I liked about this set was the size of the intake - it will actually suck up particles in the water near by, rather than the Eheim intake I got with the filter, where debris in the water would just drift on by, due to the HUGE area of the suction, making it in-effective.

If those are the medium ones, then this could be very true, as they do do a large size in them as well. It's also possible that his tank is just muckier than yours. ;)

I know what you mean about inadequate suction though, I've noticed this before myself as well, even on big filters. I have mine pumping through a Rena Smart heater now, and it's actually doing a better job, with no loss of flow. Probably not an issue for those who are able to run filters with a flow rating 10x the capacity of their aquarium though.

Incidentally, in the past I have had very good results using the Eheim prefilter, the one that sits in your substrate and sucks through a plastic pan scourer type thing. Ugly though.

Ade

PM said:

Not really the 2026 flows a lot more than the 2322.

I suppose it would be possible to cut more slits but the problem i found was not really the amount of slits but they're size, they blocked extremely easily.
1 decent size leaf and my the intake is more or less completely blocked.

The fact that the slits are small enough to cause object to be drawn into them really makes matters even worse.

Yes my tanks does get dirty.
I have 9 Corys who tend to dig about for their food so a certain amount of sediment is kicked up, i found that most of the sediment is too big for the slits, this also leads to blockages.

As i say if i cleaned it several times a day it was great, but after going away for a weekend and coming back to find 3 or 4 leaved completely blocking the intake slits i decided enough was enough and refitted the ugly green Ehiem intake again.
The intake snapped as i removed the pipe so i threw it in the bin with a smile on me face :)

Since refitting the Eheim intake i instantly notice the flow was a hell of a lot better.
The flow gauge was at it's max even with the crap intake, so it was still maxed with the Ehiem.

But you could instantly see that i had a lot more plant swaying and movement in the tank.

If yours is not blocking up then that's good.
But i really cannot recommend this product to anyone, due it's bad design and extremely fragile construction.

Cheers
Mark

Back