• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone have an Arcadia 1W spotlight?

Sacha

Right here's the story.

I bought an Arcadia 1W submersible LED spotlight about 2 years ago. It worked great for about a month, then the bulb melted and it became so dim it was useless.

The seller promptly sent out a replacement. About one month later, the same thing happened to the replacement, and I gave up. The thing is sitting in a drawer now.

I really want a decent moonlight. Is it worth giving these another chance, or are they just badly made? Do they just break after a few weeks?

Has anyone owned one for a long period of time? If so, got any pics?

Thanks.

Edit:

Some more info on what happened to the lamps. The bulb turned brown and stopped emitting any noticeable amount of light. Ended up just being a tiny little glint of light. The first lasted about a month, the second one only a couple of weeks.

It would be good to get a response on this, because I really would love to use one of these things, if I can get some kind of reassurance that it won't stop working after 2 weeks.

I have just noticed in the most recent edition of PFK, they are currently giving these away as the free gift for subscribing to the magazine. Are Arcadia trying to get rid of them...?

Keep your reciept and get a refund if they fail

Yeah I thought of that. The problem is I have only seen them online, not in shops. That means paying the postage if I have to return it. That's why I didn't bother last time. But I will try that, thank you.

Yes , that's the problem with online shopping. It can be a pain

Thanks for that. I may get back in touch with them and get a replacement then.

Update:

I bought a brand new Arcadia 1W LED spotlight from Aquatic Design Centre.

After 6 days it stopped working completely.

They exchanged it for a brand new one.

The replacement has now stopped working completely.

I will be taking it back on monday and asking for a refund. Arcadia have seriously made a mess of this one. I have got through 5 of these things now- they DON'T WORK.

I am surprised because Arcadia generally make great quality products. This must just be a screw- up on their part. I just don't know why they haven't recalled them/ stopped distributing them.

Back