• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone have any experiences with Aquasnack?

Wookii

Has anyone ever bought plants or livestock from Aquasnack?

They seem to have a few rarieties, but it looks like you have to buy in multiples of 6 - not a major issue if you're planting out a larger tank, but their site is a little strange and makes me slightly wary, so interested to hear of anyones experiences?

Haven't used them myself mate but did a bit of digging. They have an ebay account under some random user name. Pair of Apistogramma sp. aff. viejita II (Dwarf Cichlid) | eBay

Reviews for this seller are mixed.

On the above linked page if you click on "Registered as a business seller" it references the name Diapteron. Welcome! – Diapteron Shop

Looks a lovely site until you read their delivery conditions speel.

Live Stock, Plants, Foods, Supplements and Treatments

Live stock can be shipped within the United Lingdom only. All the parcels are well-protected using our know-how packing method. We can’t be responsible for extreme weather conditions, heatpack failures, wrong storage conditions, bad handling methods, delivery delays, customs issues and lost parcels. We don’t accept back or provide refunds for any type of foods, supplements, treatments, medications, dead on arrival (DOA) or damaged fish, invertebrates, plants or any other live creatures.

Going back to the ebay account if you check sellers shop and click "about" it references "aquasnack." Nothing wrong or dodgey with that but check out their delivery conditions information.

Live stock can be shipped within the United Kingdom only. All the parcels are well-protected using our know-how packing method. We can’t be responsible for extreme weather conditions, heatpack failures, wrong storage conditions, bad handling methods, delivery delays, customs issues and lost parcels.

We don’t provide refunds for the dead on arrival (DOA) or damaged fish, invertebrates, fish eggs, reptiles, amphibians, birds, rodents, live foods, plants or any other live creatures.We don’t accept back and we don’t provide refunds for any live creatures (fish, invertebrates, fish eggs, reptiles, amphibians, birds, rodents), plants, foods, supplements, treatments and medications in any circumstances!

Sorry for the long post @Wookii they may well be a decent company but to me there's a rabbit off somewhere.

Good catch by @John q above with the various shop names. Strange that the ebay apistos are shipping from Glasgow and Aquasnack and Diapteron are both registered to the same address in Covent Garden.
I was thinking of ordering some fish from them once but found their trustpilot reviews are terrible. Also if you look at the fish pages it usually states in the small print that orders are on a pre-order basis:
This lot is based on a pre-order basis. It may take up to 15 working days before this order is shipped
In other words, if you order fish they will in turn order them from the wholesaler and then ship them out to you without quarantining them or allowing them any recovery time. Haven't looked at the plants but the fact that minimum order is six suggests that they will order the plants in rather than carry them in stock, with obvious risk of not being able to supply what you order.

Strange that the ebay apistos are shipping from Glasgow and Aquasnack and Diapteron are both registered to the same address in Covent Garden.
Probably more information than is required for the purposes of this thread but...

I'd imagine the Glasgow address is residential, and the Covent Garden address is where the business is registered. Where things actually ship from is anybodies guess, probably another 3rd party.
Screenshot_20220319-105100_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220319-105035_Chrome.jpg

Mods please delete if the above post breaches GDPR.

Last edited:
Haha cheers @Geoffrey Rea

One last piece of the puzzle. You can buy the Covent Garden address and register your business there for £39 per year.

I'm glad I read this thread. I was on Ebay earlier on and spotted some fresh water mussels for sale. Had a look out of curiosity, £5 for two mussels plus £10 delivery. Looked very dodgy and lo and behold on looking below the line the company selling them was called Diapteron Ltd. Enough said.

This made me laugh as the "know-how" method is using the smallest possible box and breather bags with very little water in,earth wool for packing and then shipping via Royal Mail
Lol, thanks for the info Miranda, I actually thought that was something they had made up it sounds so ridiculous.

Haven't used them myself mate but did a bit of digging. They have an ebay account under some random user name. Pair of Apistogramma sp. aff. viejita II (Dwarf Cichlid) | eBay

Reviews for this seller are mixed.

On the above linked page if you click on "Registered as a business seller" it references the name Diapteron. Welcome! – Diapteron Shop

Looks a lovely site until you read their delivery conditions speel.

Live stock can be shipped within the United Lingdom only. All the parcels are well-protected using our know-how packing method. We can’t be responsible for extreme weather conditions, heatpack failures, wrong storage conditions, bad handling methods, delivery delays, customs issues and lost parcels. We don’t accept back or provide refunds for any type of foods, supplements, treatments, medications, dead on arrival (DOA) or damaged fish, invertebrates, plants or any other live creatures.

Going back to the ebay account if you check sellers shop and click "about" it references "aquasnack." Nothing wrong or dodgey with that but check out their delivery conditions information.

Live stock can be shipped within the United Kingdom only. All the parcels are well-protected using our know-how packing method. We can’t be responsible for extreme weather conditions, heatpack failures, wrong storage conditions, bad handling methods, delivery delays, customs issues and lost parcels.

We don’t provide refunds for the dead on arrival (DOA) or damaged fish, invertebrates, fish eggs, reptiles, amphibians, birds, rodents, live foods, plants or any other live creatures.We don’t accept back and we don’t provide refunds for any live creatures (fish, invertebrates, fish eggs, reptiles, amphibians, birds, rodents), plants, foods, supplements, treatments and medications in any circumstances!

Sorry for the long post @Wookii they may well be a decent company but to me there's a rabbit off somewhere.
Ah - thank you - thought they were a bit dodgey - but couldn’t find any real info .

Back