• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone have fert list to make 2hr aquarist APT Complete please.

Deano3

Hi everyone hope you are well, my ferts are starting to run out and i want to change and make 2hr aquarist apt complete but need some help, i dont have excell or similar and cant seem to open the forum Calculator so has anyone got the list and amounts to mlae a bottle of these ferts up ?

I currently use the 500ml bottles from EI kit but any help would be great just be easier if someone already as it writen down in order so i can knock some bottles up.

Thanks dean

Hi everyone hope you are well, my ferts are starting to run out and i want to change and make 2hr aquarist apt complete but need some help, i dont have excell or similar and cant seem to open the forum Calculator so has anyone got the list and amounts to mlae a bottle of these ferts up ?

I currently use the 500ml bottles from EI kit but any help would be great just be easier if someone already as it writen down in order so i can knock some bottles up.

Thanks dean
Hi @Deano3 When I visit their website for the APT Complete I don't really see a guaranteed analysis? I would think @Zeus. and @Hanuman got the APT Complete "clone" covered.

Cheers,
Michael

When I visit their website for the APT Complete I don't really see a guaranteed analysis
Macros are specified but not Micros. That part is purposefully kept hidden from the public. That's why in the calculator we use Fe as a target and user can chose which ever traces he desires.

Last edited:
Depending what salts you have-
1644393794815.png

1644393838124.png

If you plan to use any other salts ask ;)

Depending what salts you have-
View attachment 182339
View attachment 182340
If you plan to use any other salts ask ;)
Thanks for that @Zeus. Thanks for getting that for me however I still need a bit help as useless at this 😅. I have looked at them and that's based on 100l tank so obviously I will just double that for my tank as 180l

The current ferts I use and the only dry powders i have are
asorbic acid,potassium sorbate, trace elements, kno3 ,kh2po4, k2so4, mgso4, and that is what I currently use.

Will kno3 be OK as potassium nitrate and kh2po4 be ok as monopotassium phosphate and what about potassium chloride etc is this mix only 4 dry powders and only 4 times a week ? Is this the ingredients and amounts below ? Apart from the absorbic acid and sorbate.

Sorry for all questions just new to this as used same one for so long
Thanks again appreciate your time on this.
Dean

Attachments

• 20220209_182734.png
    20220209_182734.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 349
Thanks for that @Zeus. Thanks for getting that for me however I still need a bit help as useless at this 😅. I have looked at them and that's based on 100l tank so obviously I will just double that for my tank as 180l

The current ferts I use and the only dry powders i have are
asorbic acid,potassium sorbate, trace elements, kno3 ,kh2po4, k2so4, mgso4, and that is what I currently use.

Will kno3 be OK as potassium nitrate and kh2po4 be ok as monopotassium phosphate and what about potassium chloride etc is this mix only 4 dry powders and only 4 times a week ? Is this the ingredients and amounts below ? Apart from the absorbic acid and sorbate.

Sorry for all questions just new to this as used same one for so long
Thanks again appreciate your time on this.
Dean
Done you another mix for your Macro salts you have - you will also need some trace salts - I used APFUK trace salts
Made it easy so just 10ml four times a week for 180litres - so its a clone of the same yields as APT3

I suggested the daily dosing as with the 4x week regime you are getting close to solubility max with Potassium Sulphate, but I guess it's still fine. Personally I never liked the alternate dosing regime. I used to do that myself but many times forgot if I had fertilized or not. Now I got an auto-doser so no worries on that side anymore but still think it's better to dose everyday.

I suggested the daily dosing as with the 4x week regime you are getting close to solubility max with Potassium Sulphate, but I guess it's still fine. Personally I never liked the alternate dosing regime. I used to do that myself but many times forgot if I had fertilized or not. Now I got an auto-doser so no worries on that side anymore but still think it's better to dose everyday.
I think if going manual dosing daily is better as well.

If gong for 4x weekly double the container volume and double the dose would be better also - for reasons @Hanuman pointed out, anything above 75% solubility is best avoided IMO.

Thanks for the new list but forgive my stupidity but is kh2po4 ok as monopotassium phosphate?

Also is the list i have below all i need to add and in that order it is listed into boiled water and shake inbeetween, and is it the container amount i add yes ?

Also can i add the trace amount to this same mix so a AIO as its eSier to dose daily from a AIO and will be purchasing a auto doser at some point, and when you recomend daily should i still add 10ml daily or a little less. The calculator is a amazing tool you have made but when you talk about solubility etc i am lost 😅 as dont have the faintest idea.

Thanks dean

Thanks for the new list but forgive my stupidity but is kh2po4 ok as monopotassium phosphate?
Yes. KH2PO4 is the correct phosphate (PO4) salt. It will also add a small amount of Potassium (K). This is already accounted for in the calculations above.

Also is the list i have below all i need to add and in that order it is listed into boiled water and shake inbeetween, and is it the container amount i add yes ?
The easiest is to dissolve them separately and then mix the solutions together. Otherwise the dissolution will get progressively more difficult. You do not want to have a very concentrated solution because of this.

You can also keep the four solutions separate, each in their own container, to avoid precipitation. This simplifies dissolving the salts and avoiding chemical interactions between the salts, but makes dosing more complicated.

But wait for the comments from the experts on this subject!

Also can i add the trace amount to this same mix so a AIO as its eSier to dose daily from a AIO and will be purchasing a auto doser at some point, and when you recomend daily should i still add 10ml daily or a little less. The calculator is a amazing tool you have made but when you talk about solubility etc i am lost 😅 as dont have the faintest idea.
I would keep the macro solution and micro/traces solution separate, and dose them on alternate days (this is the classical EI regime), or at least a few hours apart. You can also dose micro daily (a good time is when turning on the lights). After you decide the fertilization frequency it is only a matter of adjusting the dosage.

Last edited:
Also can i add the trace amount to this same mix so a AIO

Seeing you have cloned an AIO, it should be fine to keep as an AIO - just make sure you add the ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate first. Any precipitate should be easy to resolve by just adding double the water then dose double the dose. But dosing Macros and Micro is another work around as well ;)

Seeing you have cloned an AIO, it should be fine to keep as an AIO - just make sure you add the ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate first. Any precipitate should be easy to resolve by just adding double the water then dose double the dose. But dosing Macros and Micro is another work around as well ;)
Excellent i forgot to add the picture below as you did above is it just them i add and the amounts listed in the add to container ? I will get mad up tomorrow.

thanks again hopefully works well.

dean

Attachments

• 1644479600869.png
    1644479600869.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 318
Any precipitate should be easy to resolve by just adding double the water then dose double the dose
Add some more ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate first before doubling the water 'if' taking this route to keep the pH low ( same mass as you added to first mix)

is kh2po4 ok as monopotassium phosphate?
KH2PO4 is monopotassium phosphate
Also is the list i have below all i need to add and in that order it is listed into boiled water and shake in between, and is it the container amount i add yes ?
As it is mentioned in the calculator the order is:
1 - Acids first ALWAYS: (Ascorbic acid) and then Potassium sorbate
2 - Macros (their order doesn't matter)
3 - Traces
Also can i add the trace amount to this same mix so a AIO as its eSier to dose daily from a AIO
Yes, If you are going for AOI I personally would suggest a daily dosing to reduce concentration levels and prevent possible interactions. There is a reason why I suggested a daily dosing specially for people who are new to this.
should i still add 10ml daily or a little less
Not sure why it would need to be a little less. It's 10ml as seen on the screenshot
when you talk about solubility etc i am lost 😅 as dont have the faintest idea.
Solubility is the ability a of compound to dissolve in a liquid. All compounds have different solubility levels. For example Potassium Sulphate has a solubility at 20 °C of 111 grams per liter of water while Calcium Sulphate only has a solubility of 2.4 grams per liter of water. Above those amounts the compounds will not dissolve anymore and they will stay in suspension. Solubility is dependent on multiple factors such as the receiving liquid, the temperature, the pressure.
Excellent i forgot to add the picture below as you did above is it just them i add and the amounts listed in the add to container ?
That's for a 4x/week dosing. If you want a daily regime look at the screenshot I posted, which after reading what you posted, seems to be what you want.

@arcturus suggested to separate Macros and Micros which is a wise idea. You simply prepare two separate containers of 500ml each. You just need to chose which regime you want (4x or daily) and prepare the solution accordingly

⚠️Use RO/DI or distilled water. Don't go using tap water!!

You can also keep the four solutions separate, each in their own container, to avoid precipitation.
3 max unless you want to separate water from all salts too 😅. In this case though, I think 2 would be max, specially because he is using a CSM+B trace mix so Fe and traces can't be segregated.

Last edited:
Back