• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone have fert list to make 2hr aquarist APT Complete please.

Got those numbers from APT 3/ Complete from
Not sure if these numbers are accurate then.

Got those numbers from APT 3/ Complete from
Not sure if these numbers are accurate then.
Well they should be since it is the manufacturer providing them. They are the same ones we used in the calculator but your weights are based on a 4x week dosing, not daily. Just wanted to point that out as it could have been misinterpreted by some.

Edit: this is what we got in the calculator.
Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 11.46.18.jpg

In fact those values were slightly modified in the last update of the calculator because Dennis from 2HrAquarist updated the formula not long ago. He also added the Mg for APT E which was not publicly available before, so we activated that Fertilizer in the calculator, which was previously hidden.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying. He just need to dose 5ml instead of 10 if he was to use that recipe. I was actually calculating the ratio and it wasn't matching with the other numbers that were posted by Dean compared to APT complete ratio.

He just need to dose 5ml instead of 10 if he was to use that recipe.
At 5ml he would be slightly under-dosing compared to the APT targets but not that much far apart. 6ml would be spot on. :)

Side note, my experience with APT complete is that it has too low PO4 which can lead to an GSA outbreak. Now it all depends how much plant mass you also have.

Am just throwing in the guesstimate number for 5ml without calculating.

I don't think APT is low in P, look at the amount and the ratio of 1.7 N to 0.98 P
Most people seems to add more P because of aqua soil.

I don't think APT is low in P, look at the amount and the ratio of 1.7 N to 0.98 P
Actually you are right. Reason I said this is because in the past I used to under-dose (involuntarily) APT Complete, which led me to think P was low. This said, P can be dosed at higher levels with no ill effect to overcome GSA issues. I have had to deal with it and it worked wonders.

I believe that was his previous recipe before trying out APT and making the new recipe with the calculator hence why it doesn't match APT.

When I read daily, I read/interpret 7x per week. Those amounts you are proposing are ok for 4x per week dosing, not daily, else he will be overdosing beyond APT targets.
View attachment 183690

This recipe is fine and will reach the intended APT targets as long as you dose 10ml daily (7x week).
View attachment 183689
Yes the help was greatly appreciated mate 👍

And yes in my message i list what i made up and my previous dosing stating i use a lot less so that's great.

Os apt complete a more lean dosing regime @Hanuman than other EI methods ?

Is apt complete a more lean dosing regime @Hanuman than other EI methods ?
I wouldn't call APT 3 (Complete) as a lean fertilizer. It is simply a bit leaner on the NO3 side. But still rather enough. The point is to create a nitrate limitation for plants to pop color out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call APT 3 (Complete) as a lean fertilizer. It is simply a bit leaner on the NO3 side. But still rather enough. The point is to create a nitrate limitation for plants to pop color out.
Perfect thank you 😁

Hi @Deano3,

Just come across this thread and currently dosing APT complete. How are you getting on with this dosing thread? I have the exact same size tank so may steal your dosing regime.

Thanks
Chris

Hi @Deano3,

Just come across this thread and currently dosing APT complete. How are you getting on with this dosing thread? I have the exact same size tank so may steal your dosing regime.

Thanks
Chris
Seems to be doing ok, still keeping eye been busy lately but some holes in leaves etc but there was before so see how things go and keep you posted, reds seem to be looking better.

Dean

Hi guys I'm totally new to salts I really like apt complete but it's just way to expensive so this sounds amazing could someone to do dosing routine for me

My tanks 200L my container size is 500ml

Please find below the salts I have @Hanuman @Zeus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220319-073246_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220319-073246_Gmail.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 245
Hi guys I'm totally new to salts I really like apt complete but it's just way to expensive so this sounds amazing could someone to do dosing routine for me

My tanks 200L my container size is 500ml

Please find below the salts I have @Hanuman @Zeus.
Hi,
Did you play with the calculator? 😎 - Check my signature.

Ok then. Here you go:
1647682186806.png

1647682207803.png

1647682264897.png

1647686927852.png

Dose 10ml daily. The amounts to be added to your container are in the "Add to container (gram)" column".
Also, technically you don't really need to add Ascorbic acid and Potassium sorbate to the Macro mix if you are separating both macros and micros. If you are doing an ALL in one then yes you need them or if you are doing micro mix. Also you could cut in half the amount of Ascorbic acid, so 0.25gr for your 500ml container.

ALWAYS start by acidifying the water first with the Ascorbic acid and Potassium sorbate. Use RO water for your fertilizer. No tap water.

Last edited:
Thanks I appreciate it what happens if I use the same salts but from a different company?

Do you have a link to the calculator you were on about to ?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Why apt 3 use EI level of PO4 and in the same time use lean dosing of nitrates ?

does higher PO4 level increase the need for more Nitrogen ?

@eminor The following picture explains the rational behind the 3 products. APT 3 is actually an EI product but with nitrate limitation to increase plant coloration
As for PO4, APT EI actually has more PO4 than APT 3 so it's all relative.
Thanks, but with this method there is no way to avoid weekly water change, accumulation of po4 will be too high ?

Back