• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone Here Like to Cook/Bake?

aquaticmaniac

I was just wondering if anyone here likes to do fancy cooking/baking :D I personally love making cakes, desserts, and homemade bread. Anyone else share this hobby? I'll post pics of some of my forays in to the sweeter side of baking, if anyone is interested. No bread pics though :rolleyes:

Howdy Leah, long time no speak...

I like to cook, but can't do pastries - my nan used to say my hands were too warm for it :D

My Mum makes great homemade bread, and her Chocolate Beetroot cake is to die for :thumbup:

:wideyed: Some of the silliest people are on this forum, I swear...I mean that in the nicest possible way, btw :p

Here are a few of my recent things...
Vanilla Chocolate Torte
l_ce1761a2263f456481f0b640f7118f07.jpg

Banoffee Pie
l_ecf1b7d084bd48d18003030f168301c6.jpg

Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
l_1847bc09e18d46759f5e344e558a1e0d.jpg

Gluten free Choc Hazelnut Cake
l_02c9d9ddbb6b4e47ad97bb2c050aecfa.jpg

l_12c2ee3260af48238b7314cb394f7a41.jpg

And finally whipped dark chocolate truffles...so this makes sense, it was a dog themed cake and these were supposed to be dog food :p
l_efcfcd356a4f4ede818abb94d1388b1f.jpg

wow, they look awesome, really really tasty. one thing that puts me off cakes is the dryness of some of the shop ones, i often have to have a good amount of cream or an alternative to make it less dry.

I like making savory pastries such as pasties etc
I also like making plain sponge cakes, I HATE chocolate! the smell of it makes me gag! and i cannot stand chocolate cakes :sick:

I also like making plain sponge cakes, I HATE chocolate! the smell of it makes me gag! and i cannot stand chocolate cakes :sick:
I knew someone who was just like that. Pasties are on my list of things to do. I'd imagine they're not hard to do, are they?

OMG, Leah, they all look sooooo nice... are you married btw? What's that, no? Well if you ever need a warm set of hands, I'm yer man :lol:

lmao...Sorry, you're 4 months late :D

pasties are fairly easy, nice to make with younger people as well, as they enjoy getting their hands messy!

chump54 said:
Iwagumi cake?

:lol: I didn't even notice that! Now if I could just do that in a fish tank.

Cake party? Eh, sure...not a chance :D If I ever go to one of these meetings, I'll have to bring a cake.

156690_27Oct09_chocolate_orange_cake_small_vs.JPG

156690_27Oct09_chocolate_orange_cake_close_smallvs.JPG

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....
I found out that white cake boxes are pretty darn good for taking photos too :D

Back