• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone know what's happening

Marty.h

Most the plants in the tank are absolutely fine the plants have been in for around a month now I have plant substrate under the normal substrate I also dose the Seachem ferts 1 and 2 set currently run no CO2

The plant below seems to have holes in it as pictured any ideas.

Checking water I do have 0 Nitrates but i do dose them and also feed the tank heavy to try and add some nitrates my tap water only has 5ppm of nitrates but the plants obviously soon absorbing that.

So any ideas be grateful CO2 is next on my list to get
0406d13071fa72df51de5265eef31379.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It looks like your Echinodorus bleheri (= Amazon sword) has mechanical damages. Something destroyed parts of some leaves ( = drying, pressure or the like) when plant was handled or transported. I would expect newest leaves to look fine. If so, all is well..... just remove the damaged leaves. They will not recover. This is not a CO2 issue, since Amazon swords grow fine without added CO2. They also grow fine in relatively low light.
Your statement, that other plants are doing well, would support the conclusion of mechanical damage.

Thanks I have chopped off the affected leaves all others are fine

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back