• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone used new Co2art inline diffuser (qanvee)

I got a Qanvee after recommendation on here & it’s been a definite improvement on the in tank diffuser I had prior.

Thanks j@mes, I've used one of the older Co2art inline diffusers so more wondering if it's an improvement over that or just very similar output but a bit better build quality since its metal

I've just bought a qanvee to replace the old style co2 art inline diffuser. Really happy with it, much more solid and better build quality. As for diffusion, I can't really fault the old diffuser for that and the new qanvee is just as good in that respect. For the price you can't really go wrong with the qanvee.

Cheers

Where can you get one of these Qanvee's? I am thinking of using an inline as I am always having to adjust my filter pipes to get a half decent flow of bubbles to the opposite side of tank.

The new ones from Co2art look pretty much like a replica of the qanvee ones but from a more reliable source, hence the question if anyone has used to to give feedback

I too got one after recommendation on here. Works well for me so far.
I got mine from China but you have to wait a bit longer.
If you go for the China option then select the size via the color options.
Two of the color options are for replacement ceramics.

Reactions: Cor
Where can you get one of these Qanvee's? I am thinking of using an inline as I am always having to adjust my filter pipes to get a half decent flow of bubbles to the opposite side of tank.
Got mine from amazon, think it was about 16quid.

The CO2 Art and Qanvee look very interesting. But how well do they work? If they are diffusing CO2 into the external filter outlet water flow, which is moving at 8+ litres per minute, it doesn't give the CO2 much time to diffuse into the water. Or have I misunderstood how this diffuser works?

Ordered one from CO2Art earlier partly out of curiosity and also for the build quality and peace of mind with it having a metal body as opposed to plastic. Will keep my up inline as a back up

Just fitted the new Co2art (qanvee rep) inline diffuser to replace my up inline diffuser, will give feedback once it's broken in

20181220_183448-756x1008.jpg

I’m using the co2 art inline.....really good imo, took a day to settle but misting beautifully now

A0B71B06-0303-4037-BDF4-6B83A6120C70.jpeg

So... How does it compare @Kalum ?

Put simply its much better built and diffuses the Co2 in very fine mist, which the old up version did as well but wasn't as well built due to it being plastic

It seems to take a bit higher co2 levels to drop the same amount but this is from memory and could well be exaggerated by the time between using both, the trade off of better build quality makes it worthwhile and it works well

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Glad the build quality issue has been addressed, a long time coming IMO. For the amount of UP inline diffusers that I’ve needed to replace in the last two years any additional cost in Co2 with the new design will surely cost less than having to replace diffusers.

Hello, sorry if this is slightly off topic, but didn't want to make a new thread for a simple question about suitable tubing for inline diffusers (I say simple, but I can't answer it, so maybe it's not).

What most people do is have the Co2 coming out of the cylinder through Polyurethane tubing which is connected to the diffuser in the tank.

I'm looking to have an inline diffuser to distribute the Co2 which will be added to the tubing that comes out of my filter and in to the tank. The tubing that I have is clear PVC.
From what I've read, PVC is not Co2 proof, but does this matter?

I can't find Polyurethane tubing at 20mm outer diameter, so I'm wondering how people use inline diffusers if Co2 proof tubing doesn't exist.

Thanks

Back